Corey Blackett-Taylor - Signed on Loan/Permanent in Summer

Stuniverse

2 hours ago, Kernow said:

Why would it be him that's feigning injury? Perhaps Charlton are using the excuse of him being injured so that they have a reason to not play him whilst negotiations are ongoing. If they play him whilst we're in talks, and he gets injured for the rest of the season, then they can't play him and he goes for free in a few months. It's a big risk for them if they're resigned to losing him regardless.

Charlton manager recently said "you have got to treat and respect people that they are giving you a honest answer" in relation to Blackett-Taylor's injury. Interpret that however you want.

13 hours ago, rammieib said:

I still don’t know why they agreed to waive any amount of the fee. 

If Stephen Pearce had anything to do with that he should be applauded for saving us £1.3m

Surely that would have been the administration and I haven’t got a good word for them or SP for that matter

9 hours ago, ramit said:

I'll just call him Corey, CBT makes me wince

I don’t have any idea is he a good player but as I’m very much of an advocate for cognitive behavioural therapy, therefore I hope we sign him. 

Also, if all of our attacking players would have name with a hyphen, club store would get extra income from printing those names  

Logical, right?

9 hours ago, NorwichExile said:

As excited as I am that we're actually in the running for signing somebody, is he actually any good? I'm usually pretty up to scratch on L1/L2 players (thanks Football Manager) but I don't ever recall seeing him play, even though I know he's played against us.

I wondered about that small point too, and whether we'll pay 'silly' money for someone soon out of contract?

9 hours ago, NorwichExile said:

As excited as I am that we're actually in the running for signing somebody, is he actually any good? I'm usually pretty up to scratch on L1/L2 players (thanks Football Manager) but I don't ever recall seeing him play, even though I know he's played against us.

I'm in the same boat - probably seen him play but don't really recall anything about him.  He's another right-footed winger though (on top of the 4! we have already).  It looks like he's been playing wide left for Charlton, but cutting in and shooting a lot.  He's barely averaging 1 cross per game for them.  So I'm not totally sure where he fits if we're still set on getting it wide and crossing it.

1 hour ago, Spanish said:

Surely that would have been the administration and I haven’t got a good word for them or SP for that matter

Technically, Lech could only file a complaint whilst we were in admin, so it could only be resolved after Clowes had bought us out of admin. As of March, Lech were still pursuing the full amount and Quantuma were refusing to talk to them. 

38 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

They'll play a front 2 of Ladapo and May, with Leaburn, Ikpeazu and Aneke as backup

I think Leaburn will be off to a Premier League side development squad - he's a very good talent. Charlton would be better served persevering with him and his development than signing Ikpeazu... he's an absolute honking footballer. 

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

I think Leaburn will be off to a Premier League side development squad - he's a very good talent. Charlton would be better served persevering with him and his development than signing Ikpeazu... he's an absolute honking footballer. 

Charlton also being linked to Aaron Collins. With their current league placing, it's a curious time to spend on such players, unless they want to steal a march before more teams will be in a position to spend money in the summer.