Corey Blackett-Taylor - Signed on Loan/Permanent in Summer

Stuniverse

45 minutes ago, Macintosh said:

https://www.sport.pl/pilka/7,65039,30045467,swiat-zachwyca-sie-gestem-lecha-uratowali-moj-klub.html

They waived the majority of the fee still owing. And it appears Arsenal came to a similar deal regarding Bielek.

Thought that was mighty generous of them to be fair. I knew Arsenal had allowed us to defer payments, but did they do the same? You'd like to think so given the amount of work we got out of their lad and his eagerness to jump ship once fit.

On a brighter note, it does rather sound like CBT will be joining and soon. Charlton making lots of noises, but if the player wants to come to Derby then he will and I think Charlton need to accept that he's played his last game for them and compromise on their asking price. I think at @£300k, both sides can feel they've got a decent deal, so hopefully common sense prevails and this gets done this week.

1 hour ago, Macintosh said:

https://www.sport.pl/pilka/7,65039,30045467,swiat-zachwyca-sie-gestem-lecha-uratowali-moj-klub.html

They waived the majority of the fee still owing. And it appears Arsenal came to a similar deal regarding Bielek.

There was still an estimated £2.6m due at that point. As they waived 1/3 of the total, that means we still ended up paying about £1.3m last summer (£2.6m total out of an originally agreed £4m)

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

There was still an estimated £2.6m due at that point. As they waived 1/3 of the total, that means we still ended up paying about £1.3m last summer (£2.6m total out of an originally agreed £4m)

Jolly nice of them, but they still shafted us at that price.

36 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Jolly nice of them, but they still shafted us at that price.

I still don’t know why they agreed to waive any amount of the fee. 

If Stephen Pearce had anything to do with that he should be applauded for saving us £1.3m

13 minutes ago, rammieib said:

I still don’t know why they agreed to waive any amount of the fee. 

If Stephen Pearce had anything to do with that he should be applauded for saving us £1.3m

If we hadn't paid them anything we'd have been banned from buying on the continent. Knowing that wasn't our likely market and we wouldn't give a crap, they settled.

9 minutes ago, inter politics said:

Don't really condone it but sounds like CBT is feigning injury to try and force the move. I assume this will get done sooner rather than later. 

How will being injured speed up the move🤔

1 hour ago, inter politics said:

Don't really condone it but sounds like CBT is feigning injury to try and force the move. I assume this will get done sooner rather than later. 

Why would it be him that's feigning injury? Perhaps Charlton are using the excuse of him being injured so that they have a reason to not play him whilst negotiations are ongoing. If they play him whilst we're in talks, and he gets injured for the rest of the season, then they can't play him and he goes for free in a few months. It's a big risk for them if they're resigned to losing him regardless.

6 minutes ago, sage said:

Saw him outside McTurks tonight. He was sat on the kerb with a large donner 

Must have signed but isn't fit for Saturday

Amazing how quick you lose fitness when your out injured for a week and have a signing on fee for unlimited kebabs.  Might need some breaking in for Warnes gas out model.

giphy.gif

As excited as I am that we're actually in the running for signing somebody, is he actually any good? I'm usually pretty up to scratch on L1/L2 players (thanks Football Manager) but I don't ever recall seeing him play, even though I know he's played against us.