The Paul Warne Poll

Day

The Paul Warne Poll  

612 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, alram said:

I agree I don’t think he’s a right fit at all

good manager but wrong club, feeling around the club at the minute just isn’t right 

Small club manager. That's all we expect too much as a bigger club then Rotherham we don't need to be negative. Negative managers never last with derby, simple 

Edited by Dcfcsr92
More

44 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

When I was at school our PE teacher was a rugby player. He failed miserably to convert us but took all the glory for having the best school team in the district.

We were similar but it's a little different now.

2 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

He will not get sacked anytime soon, so you may aswell get behind him and the team. 

We are behind the team - this is our Club. It doesn't mean that Warne has to be loved by all. What was that nonsense today he spouted about Cashin?! 

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

We are behind the team - this is our Club. It doesn't mean that Warne has to be loved by all. What was that nonsense today he spouted about Cashin?! 

I *think* he was trying to say that not playing Cashin wasn’t the main reason we lost - something along the lines of playing Cashin over Bradley (or whoever) doesn’t make the rest of the team any better.  But honestly, it’s so hard to figure out what he actually means.

2 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Get him gone. The football is bad, the team can't do the basics and despite all the noise in pre-season about getting everyone fit the squad is already on life-support and looking shattered.

Warne and Derby are just not a good fit. He needs a different type of club,we need a different type of manager.

Correct. 

Warne has the mentality of a small fish in a big pond which works for a club like rotherham. A club the size of Derby in league one requires a very different approach.  

1 minute ago, duncanjwitham said:

I *think* he was trying to say that not playing Cashin wasn’t the main reason we lost - something along the lines of playing Cashin over Bradley (or whoever) doesn’t make the rest of the team any better.  But honestly, it’s so hard to figure out what he actually means.

Is he really stupid or really smart? Does he say what he means or is he being clever with obtuse comments. No wonder 'heads turned' and he's 'ultra paranoid'!

I'm just bored of us setting up like we're a Conference team playing against Man City in the FA Cup third round against everyone we play. 

With the resources at our disposal we should be looking to slap most of the teams in this division up, it won't always work of course but that should be the intent. As it stands we're meekly heading in to games on the back foot letting our opposition, no matter how good, dictate the pace.

We need to get a grip and remember who we are. We can't arrogantly assume we'll win every game but I'd love someone to explain to me why we are limping in to games in League One not knowing if we're good enough to compete. It should be a given.

53 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

If Clowes was the person whom chose Warne as manager and this is being expressed now as the wrong decision how will the same person then make the right decision next time.

Was the chairman who appointed Clough the same chairman who appointed and sacked his predecessor???

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Is he really stupid or really smart? Does he say what he means or is he being clever with obtuse comments. No wonder 'heads turned' and he's 'ultra paranoid'!

Honestly, I think he’s just not a particularly eloquent bloke, that’s all.  And when he’s fired up or under pressure, he tends to both shoot from the hip and jumble his words a little bit (which is not a good combo).  I certainly don’t think he’s running some elaborate scheme in post match interviews or anything.  I mostly stopped caring what he said in interviews along time ago, when he became clear he normally said very little of actual value.

(And that’s not intended to be a major criticism or anything, he’s not being paid to be a professional interviewee after all.)

4 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I'm just bored of us setting up like we're a Conference team playing against Man City in the FA Cup third round against everyone we play. 

With the resources at our disposal we should be looking to slap most of the teams in this division up, it won't always work of course but that should be the intent. As it stands we're meekly heading in to games on the back foot letting our opposition, no matter how good, dictate the pace.

We need to get a grip and remember who we are. We can't arrogantly assume we'll win every game but I'd love someone to explain to me why we are limping in to games in League One not knowing if we're good enough to compete. It should be a given.

This rings so true with my feelings on it all. 

I don’t mind losing. Not at all. What I hate is this feeling that we’re playing like underdogs against every single team. At no point do I ever watch us and think we’re controlling the game. 

as I’ve said previously - we’ll always do alright in this division because of the weaker teams in it but we’ve got to want more than alright and got to want more than ‘doing alright’