Eiran Cashin

Heisenberg

58 minutes ago, Poynton ram said:

If he goes in Jan I would want that conditional on him loaned back for the rest of the season. His partnership with Nelson has been instrumental in the clean sheets

I wonder if a reduced fee with a loan back can be easily agreed early in Jan? Meaning the squad isn’t weakened for this season, we bank some funds for the summer or reinvest it in other areas of the team in January to sustain the promotion push and then have time to consider his replacement in the summer (or agree another loan when we’re back in the champ). 
My main hope is it doesn’t drag on through the January window and whatever the outcome it’s resolved early. 

23 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

My main hope is it doesn’t drag on through the January window and whatever the outcome it’s resolved early. 

As you say, any deal for Cashin or any others leaving need to be completed early doors. We can't have anything hanging over us the entire window as that'll be more disruptive than good for us. Allows us to get cracking on the incoming transfers and not disrupt the flow of the team anymore than needed.

On 12/12/2023 at 16:34, Ram@Lincoln said:

As you say, any deal for Cashin or any others leaving need to be completed early doors. We can't have anything hanging over us the entire window as that'll be more disruptive than good for us. Allows us to get cracking on the incoming transfers and not disrupt the flow of the team anymore than needed.

This is a good point, lets hope it doesn't drag on through the whole of January with a" will he ? won't he be going ?"  situation

I do fear though this is exactly what will happen as agents will know a better deal could be had last minute therefore lining there own pockets!

Would be great if DCFC made a statement to potential buyers on this as an elongated disruption could really hamper us 

Could easily buy 2/3 players with a good fee including another CB a  CF and a Mid 

7 hours ago, valakari said:

Or...we keep pur young talent, get promoted, and they play in the Championship next season....otherwise we would have to replace them anyway, and probably not in our budget next season for equivalent standard players!

About time I heard someone say this !

On 14/12/2023 at 09:54, S8TY said:

This is a good point, lets hope it doesn't drag on through the whole of January with a" will he ? won't he be going ?"  situation

I do fear though this is exactly what will happen as agents will know a better deal could be had last minute therefore lining there own pockets!

Would be great if DCFC made a statement to potential buyers on this as an elongated disruption could really hamper us 

Could easily buy 2/3 players with a good fee including another CB a  CF and a Mid 

As I've posted on another thread, I would hope that transfer conversations have already taken place and contracts will be signed early January, hopefully allowing Cashin to remain at Derby for the rest of the season. This would allow early purchases to made giving us 4 extra games with a stronger squad, as opposed to end of window signings.

On 14/12/2023 at 10:42, valakari said:

Or...we keep pur young talent, get promoted, and they play in the Championship next season....otherwise we would have to replace them anyway, and probably not in our budget next season for equivalent standard players!

It’s a huge gamble though.  We did hold on to all of our stars when we were relegated under John Gregory, and turned down lucrative bids for Poom, Christie and (I think) Riggott.

We failed to get anywhere near promotion and ended up losing them for a fraction of the price.

Unfortunately, we’re not holding the aces in this situation, and any monies that our most saleable assets can attract would allow for us to invest in multiple areas where we’re short.

2 hours ago, hintonsboots said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if Cashin had already signed a pre contract agreement with Brighton. Something Warne said about things that are happening in January will give us the opportunity to bring in 1-2 players. @Big Trav any thoughts?

Not signed anything yet, a few more clubs interested in him. Hopefully we have a bit of a bidding war for him.