Eiran Cashin

Heisenberg

28 minutes ago, Carnero said:

They discussed the Cashin situation on Radio Derby earlier and spoke about him being out of contract at the end of the season, whilst never mentioning the fact that we would still be entitled to a fee/compensation if he leaves at the end of the season... no wonder so many people incorrectly think that we'll lose him for nothing, completely ignoring the fact that he's under 24 🙄

He's also almost guaranteed to have an option to activate an extra year in his contract (See Jason Knight).

17 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

I'll try me best to get it started pal but it looks a bit of a challenge.🙂

It was a song for last night only, celebrating Cashin staying……

I’ll clearly base “a bit of a challenge” on your lack of fashion, passion and love for Cashin……and therefore he didn’t come on to the pitch today to play until very late on, and therefore you didn’t try hard enough to start it pal and therefore we lost the game 2-1

………..hang your head in shame 😜

18 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

I'll try me best to get it started pal but it looks a bit of a challenge.🙂

……and we all know you opted to sing about Derby players wangs instead!!!!

You could have been Heroes in Bolton today, but you choose to sing about wangs instead, and the only real winner today was Sammy the Snake 🐍 

Edited by Inverurie Ram

31 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Did we have another CB lined up then?

It sure looks a mess, EC seen at Star Bucks walking around the car park on his phone, Getting to Bolton at 2-30am, Did those Gypsies really lift the curse just before the 1946 FA Cup Final?

On 02/09/2023 at 12:04, Millenniumram said:

Probably ok to post this now - I was told in no uncertain terms on Thursday night that Cashin would not be leaving yesterday. This was from someone with connections right at the top of the club. 

And yet PW said in his Radio Derby interview.

"The honest truth is someone wanted to buy him, it looked like it was happening. He didn't travel with the team and in the end when it failed he travelled over and I just didn't feel like he was right."

Your "someone" with connections right at the top.

Has either duff info or DCFC were stringing EC along on Friday, When they could have pulled the plug on Thursday.

Someone is not being "honest"

4 hours ago, The Last Post said:

"The honest truth is someone wanted to buy him, it looked like it was happening. He didn't travel with the team and in the end when it failed he travelled over and I just didn't feel like he was right."

Has either duff info or DCFC were stringing EC along on Friday, When they could have pulled the plug on Thursday.

Why do you reach that conclusion?  
@Milleniumram was told on Thursday night. Let’s presume that was true.  Maybe Cash was told that on Thursday.

Why could the situation not have changed on Friday. Perhaps Brighton upped their offer. Maybe Cash and PW agreed that he hang around in Derby whilst the negotiations continued. Perhaps him hanging around in Starbucks was because he’d set off for Bolton but got a call to say it might be on again.

perhaps everyone is being honest - Derby with the player, the player with Derby and PW in telling us what happened on the Friday and why he wasn’t in the starting 11.

4 hours ago, The Last Post said:

It definitely wasn’t duff info. I imagine Brighton kept bidding but without the loan back, no deal was going to happen. It’s plausible this wasn’t said to Cashin himself, of course.

I still expect him to leave in January FWIW. Had Brighton included the loan back he would definitely have been sold this window.

18 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

It definitely wasn’t duff info. I imagine Brighton kept bidding but without the loan back, no deal was going to happen. It’s plausible this wasn’t said to Cashin himself, of course.

I still expect him to leave in January FWIW. Had Brighton included the loan back he would definitely have been sold this window.

They did include the loan back, but by the time it was all sorted it was too late to finalise. 

Agree he will likely be gone in January whatever state we are in at that point. 

My opinion is that Brighton really couldn't give a s*** till the last minute as they probably had a few irons in the fire for young players.  They probably brokered a deal in sections to hit around the 3 million mark when he got 50 first team games and a full international cap.  They wouldn't be interested in him staying here as they probably had the first fee paying loan lined up to a championship club. Lets say 250k to Hull as he was probably a Rosenior suggestion to them and they can't afford that kind of permanent fee.  

He'll be off in January for under a million, probably not to Brighton but straight to Hull.  Bird as well if he's fit and the price is right.  Compensation panels take about 18 months to do anything- Ebiowei anyone-  so we'll take the money.  

Hmmmm....for the life of me I don't understand why in instances like this that things get left to the last minute.... the same thing happened to JCH at Pboro....

But IMO if Cash thought he'd be playing for a Premiership team he's deluded. He'd sit in their U23s or whatever and rot until January when he'd get loaned out somewhere....so other than a bit if extra money in his pocket it'd be a retrogressive step for him...

18 minutes ago, Terry Hennessy said:

Hmmmm....for the life of me I don't understand why in instances like this that things get left to the last minute.... the same thing happened to JCH at Pboro....

But IMO if Cash thought he'd be playing for a Premiership team he's deluded. He'd sit in their U23s or whatever and rot until January when he'd get loaned out somewhere....so other than a bit if extra money in his pocket it'd be a retrogressive step for him...

It’s human nature. On every single transfer deadline day there are last minute deals. And it’s simply because everyone wants the best possible deal for their club or for their player ( if they’re an agent). And negotiations will always happen up to the limit whatever the deadline is. 
Like so much else in football it’s a system created for TV under the auspices of protecting clubs. And it’s fake. I’d rather we went back to the old system of limited transfers during the last few months of the season but otherwise an open process. Sky will never allow it. 
As for cash he’ll know exactly where he’s going in January or next summer. But he’ll also know his bank balance will be higher. No problem with that so long as he performs for the next four months. 

10 hours ago, ilkleyram said:

Why do you reach that conclusion?  
@Milleniumram was told on Thursday night. Let’s presume that was true.  Maybe Cash was told that on Thursday.

Why could the situation not have changed on Friday. Perhaps Brighton upped their offer. Maybe Cash and PW agreed that he hang around in Derby whilst the negotiations continued. Perhaps him hanging around in Starbucks was because he’d set off for Bolton but got a call to say it might be on again.

perhaps everyone is being honest - Derby with the player, the player with Derby and PW in telling us what happened on the Friday and why he wasn’t in the starting 11.

Millenium was told in no uncertain terms on Thursday that he will not be leaving, The giveaway is "he will not be leaving" I'm not doubting what Millenium was told, I'm asking who blocked it and then "may have rescued it" there's reasons why transfers collapse then put back on life support.

I love the use of the word "perhaps" there's a lot of If's but's and maybe's there 😉

3 hours ago, The Last Post said:

Millenium was told in no uncertain terms on Thursday that he will not be leaving, The giveaway is "he will not be leaving" I'm not doubting what Millenium was told, I'm asking who blocked it and then "may have rescued it" there's reasons why transfers collapse then put back on life support.

I love the use of the word "perhaps" there's a lot of If's but's and maybe's there 😉

No, you concluded that 'Someone is not being "honest"'.  And I offered you a (realistic IMO) scenario where everyone has been 'honest' because circumstances altered on the Friday.

If @Millenniumram's information on Thursday night was accurate then all it took on Friday to change the situation was Brighton changing their offer.  Maybe they offered more money, maybe they offered a 4 month loan to Derby, maybe it was something else. Who knows or who cares?  But something clearly changed from Thursday night because otherwise Cash would have been on the team bus to Bolton on Friday and tucked up in bed rather than pounding round Starbucks' car park.  And if he didn't get to Bolton until 2.30am (as someone else has said) then he was pretty late setting off from Derby so it must have gone on for a while.

No dishonesty involved from anyone as you intimated.

19 hours ago, The Last Post said:

The only people stringing him along were Brighton. They left it way,way too late in the day . Had they really wanted it done they had all window to sort it out , they just wanted to have a bargain 

1 hour ago, ilkleyram said:

No, you concluded that 'Someone is not being "honest"'.  And I offered you a (realistic IMO) scenario where everyone has been 'honest' because circumstances altered on the Friday.

If @Millenniumram's information on Thursday night was accurate then all it took on Friday to change the situation was Brighton changing their offer.  Maybe they offered more money, maybe they offered a 4 month loan to Derby, maybe it was something else. Who knows or who cares?  But something clearly changed from Thursday night because otherwise Cash would have been on the team bus to Bolton on Friday and tucked up in bed rather than pounding round Starbucks' car park.  And if he didn't get to Bolton until 2.30am (as someone else has said) then he was pretty late setting off from Derby so it must have gone on for a while.

No dishonesty involved from anyone as you intimated.

There you go again...maybe maybe maybe.

You say something may have changed on Thursday night, Were you there, Were you at Starbucks, Were you involved in the negotiations, I'd wager you weren't, I'll say again...someone isn't being honest...It wasn't going to happen on Thursday...Millenium clearly stated this, I came back with "someone's not being honest" Surmising something or someone changed the pattern of play...Thursday night into Friday is purely guesswork on your behalf

We went from he's not leaving on Thursday night to PW saying it was almost there on Friday, Until you can find the exact case...I'll stick with someone's not being honest