Drum in South Upper Block D

therams69

1 hour ago, SouthDerbysRam said:

As someone that sits in the north stand, it's felt like the south stand has been a library for a while.

I miss the 'Since I was young' chant that went around the ground from the Mac1 days. It was nice to finally hear that chant at the Oxford game. Unfortunately the players performance meant the chant didn't get much steam going for it, but one worth trying again soon I hope!

I know we get cheap seats in the South stand but we are not paid to entertain you. You may have noticed at some clubs - that all 4 stands sing together.

Agree with @therams69 @The Last Post @angieram @Animal is a Ram etc.

So the drums downfall started with Sky Sports dictating once again where Adam should not stand, so SS not only ruins when the football fixtures are, ruining best laid plans of football fans, it’s overall greed and over coverage of the rich teams wasting millions of pounds on box standard football players and having millions of duped customers watch Man Utd corrupt and cheat it’s way to another 3 points on a Monday night against a Wolves side who’s manager is yellow carded for having the audacity to question it all, it also dictates to the mind set of so many fans that would choose to complain about there own fans, (unless other clubs fans are complaining to our SLO by e-mail (probably not) ) than actually make more of an effort to get behind their club in a vocal noisy positive way, or as @therams69 has already pointed out, why would you waste your money, time and effort to go and sit or stand anywhere near Adam with a drum if you don’t bl00dy like the noise of a drum, for crying out loud there’s only about 33,000 other seats in the ground you could possibly pick instead to sit or stand in, pick your nose in, stick your fingers in your ears etc etc, especially if you have turned up to a Derby County match and you expect the atmosphere to be a little bit sombre, with the occasional hint of jollyness, but not to much in case you get far to carried away with yourselves and forget to leave several times during the game for snacks and to leave the match with 15 minutes to go, to beat the traffic……with your own hidden drum that you left outside the ground hidden in the nearest bush, but no you choose to e-Mail our SLO and complain about one of your fellow supporters instead!…..

Ya numpties!

Edited by Inverurie Ram

2 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

I know we get cheap seats in the South stand but we are not paid to entertain you. You may have noticed at some clubs - that all 4 stands sing together.

Isn't the south stand meant to start songs that the rest of the ground can join in with, I thought the original purpose was for it to be the singing section in the ground?

Was there a drum at the baseball ground? Just everyone getting behinds the team. Let’s get rid of the stupid gimmicks, flags, masks, drums etc and just support the team. Let’s also get rid of the foul chant language, no need for it. To me the south stand project has resulted in nothing but bad stuff, which the club quietly forget about, despite promoting a code of conduct etc.

28 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I never had issues with it and been at pp as long as I can remember let opposition take the mick bet you anything they have one at there ground.

I agree. Who cares what others think, I love having the drummer.

I didn't complain about the drummer but I do find him annoying.   If he was relocated nearer me - and I'm in the South Stand - I will be asking him to desist because I just couldn't stand 90 minutes of that right in my ear.   He's just too loud to be right next to people and I can understand the complaints. 

Yes the South Stand is rowdy and people should have the expectation they'll be standing up and hopefully singing but that's different to having to suffer bang bang bang for 90 minutes.  It doesn't even get atmosphere going anyway it's just a plastic attempt to create it - why not go the whole hog and get some cheerleaders shouting give me a D?  ...make it really embarrassing. 

10 hours ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

Was there a drum at the baseball ground? Just everyone getting behinds the team. Let’s get rid of the stupid gimmicks, flags, masks, drums etc and just support the team. Let’s also get rid of the foul chant language, no need for it. To me the south stand project has resulted in nothing but bad stuff, which the club quietly forget about, despite promoting a code of conduct etc.

There were flags at the Baseball Ground. Swindon Rams and many others over the years including the wonderful flag @loweman2 owns.

Flags are not gimmicks, but unfortunately some of our fans are gimmicks and we’d be off getting rid of them and all their miserableness!

11 hours ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

Ohhh and look a drum inside the baseball ground 27 seconds in!!!!

I remember something equally as loud as a drum, that as kids we all took to the BBG.

Rattles, remember them, I had a big war-time air-raid rattle, that was given to me. I could hardly wield it. It had black and white tape on it and didn’t half make a noise. When we got promoted from division two my family all had season tickets.  We all used to meet up nearly three hours before the match. I used to take my transistor to listen to In concert, before the match. In Concert was at 1.00. Led Zep at the BBG, lol.

Would it be possible to create som kind of platform for the drum in the Lower Guthrie ?  (which is always empty). It would stir up the West stand a bit and perhaps the upper Guthrie would like it ? I don’t think it is a good idea to block exit and entrance on the concourse pre match with the drum. So much energy is wasted down there , perhaps that is why fans are “Burnt out” after 15 mins.

Since we moved to Pride Park, I had always had a season ticket in the East Stand Upper. Then I had an enforced absence that saw me without a season ticket for two years. When I came back to games in February 2022, I moved around the ground.

One thing that had always annoyed me about the East Stand was the lack of atmosphere. I enjoyed going in the South Stand and stayed there for the last several games of the season. It wasn't the price that influenced me, it was the atmosphere. I decided to get a season ticket for the 2022/2023 season and again this season.

I realise the performances on the pitch haven't been great but neither has our performance in the South Stand. There seems to be something lacking this season. A better showing on the pitch would certainly help but the lack of two of our main chants is not helping.

We have scored two goals at home and there has been no bounce. We have stopped singing the 21 points song. Surely with a slight change in wording we can keep this going. Obviously, "straight back up" doesn't work. Perhaps swapping 'strait' for 'soon'?

Coming back on topic, I like the drum. But would I be as keen if it was right next to me. Probably not. Hopefully, some compromise can be found.

Let's get behind the team on Saturday. Come on you Rams.

One additional point. Some have mentioned the Collymore song. Ever since Collymore spoke out well in support of us when it looked like we would not have a club I've been uncomfortable with joining in with the song. So, I would vote to stop this song (at least the current version - the earlier version about his football skills I can live with but not the current one - it's just a little too personal).

On 16/08/2023 at 14:13, therams69 said:

Issue i have ... Wigan game .. Not one moan on the socials of it in the stands yet actual complaints into the club via calling them and emails. 

You take issue with people raising complaints through the correct channels rather than on social media? 

Not sure comparing days of yore with the modern day is much of a yardstick to beat the drummer with? 

A rattle in the ear was little more healthy than smoking a dozen woodbines during the game, and breathing in the foundry fumes on your way home.

👀 

1 hour ago, therams69 said:

Nope. But it generally gives you a good idea... Pretty much the same as this forum I guess.

I cant think of many things that are less representative of real life than social media personally.

Brings out the extreme views from both sides, whilst the majority tend to stay silent. 

17 hours ago, SouthDerbysRam said:

Isn't the south stand meant to start songs that the rest of the ground can join in with, I thought the original purpose was for it to be the singing section in the ground?

We try to get the ground going, but even the east stand have refused to join in or start chants when we try to get them to. 

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

I cant think of many things that are less representative of real life than social media personally.

Brings out the extreme views from both sides, whilst the majority tend to stay silent. 

Would not disagree mate! Oh life before it .... Blessed to have experienced it.