Drum in South Upper Block D

therams69

Just now, therams69 said:

Unfortunately its more than one ..

However, since all this has come out, aside from this forum, received many compliments from Block D who loved having him in there.

I am sure those who want the drummer will far outweigh those who don't. So it's a case of the minority ruining it for the majority.

I like the drum and it's a shame it has gone. Thought when the lad was at the front of the stand it helped get people going and keep momentum when songs were becoming more sparse. It's a bit annoying as well given that the south stand is now essentially season ticket holder only that people are complaining. I'm now sitting in the east stand as I can't get a ticket in there now. It's very different and not really my cup of tea (prefer to stand, shout, and not feel self-conscious when doing so) so to see people actively harming the atmosphere or not joining in, when plenty would like to be there is a bit frustrating. 

5 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Omg some people are so mardy they rather have pp dead silent so no one has no fun.

I suggest we start a chant

We want our drum drum.back we want our drum back.

As loud as possible any ones got mardy go to west stand like up there.

At last the suggestion of a new simple song that can catch on. Thank you B4 - please carry on thinking of others. How are you doing by the way?

17 hours ago, therams69 said:

Hi guys

Hope all is well ... Just wanted to pop this on here to make everyone aware.

Sure some of you have seen Adam Sanders status about the drum not being allowed into the South Stand (up in Block D next to the away fans) for the foreseeable future following the first home game against Wigan.

Unfortunately the club have received quite a few complaints from fans in this area who were unhappy at the noise levels. To the extreme where 1 fan felt the need to nip to the Wyvern after the game to visit Boots to get some pills.

Now I get the drum is not everyone's cup of tea and of course everyone is entitled to their opinion. However, alot of blood, sweat and hard graft went in to getting the South Stand back for home fans versus leaving it empty or giving silly allocations to away fans.

This was a project that took many years to get and the last thing I want to see is it fall on its arse because certain fans find it too noisy. The drum is used to keep the tempo going and to get more involved. Its not there to start the atmosphere, a simple thing to add to the atmosphere, simple as that.

When we first had the South Stand the drum was located in the TV Gantry and worked well over the years with zero complaints. Adam had to move because the platform would often bounce and Sky Sports took issue with this. LOL! That's why Adam had to move down to the front and we all know it just hasn't worked.

We finally managed to agree with the club (very much on board) for the drum to be positioned in Block D which is nearest to the away fans and fair to say the most vocal block in the South Stand.

Obviously as mentioned this was met with a fair few complaints from our own fans who complained about the noise levels of the drum which has forced the club (who i again stress back it) to remove Adam from this area.

My take has always been this. If you are in the South Stand you should be there for and to create the atmosphere. If you are not, then this isn't the stand for you. We have 3 other stands where you can also sit and stand should you wish and not be in the presence of like minded fans who want to be part of something on a matchday which involves 'noise'.

What fascinates me most is that we had some of our best away days with the drum at Peterborough, Oldham etc and not 1 complaint over all the other games we took it to away from home. I guess we do live in a cancel culture kind of world these days.....

Adam will be continuing in the South Stand concourse pre game for the Saturday games for like minded fans to get together with the hope of continuing it up in the stands 15 minutes prior to kick off. This worked well at home to Wigan.

If you would like to email the club and back one of your own in Adam then please drop Emma (Supporter Liaison Office) at slo@dcfc.co.uk

I’m in the SS. I sing and join in with the chants. If I’ve had a few beers, I might even start one.

I would NOT want the drum next to me for 90+ minutes every home game. I’m not surprised you had complaints.

Move it back to the front where there is a bit of a gap between the drum and the people.

If they have removed the drum can they now ban the Collymore song please I cringe every time it’s sung.

On a serious note. I don’t have a problem with the drummer but I sit in the West Stand, can the Collymore song still be banned.

I suppose if the drum is over a certain decibel level then it could harm someone’s hearing and nobody wants that so maybe a bit of work into the noise levels to prove it won’t harm peoples hearing maybe worth looking into.

38 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

The atmosphere picked up well v Oxford when the lads gave us something to get exited about. I don’t think we need a drum roll every time we get over the half way line.  Away fans do take the P about it .

1. A football atmosphere should never be relied upon only if a team is playing well. It helps yes. But shouldn't be relied upon. Such an English thing that.

2. That's not what the drum is ever used for in the stands.

3. Away fans do take the p**s because he is the wrong place at the front.

My favourite thing about all this is the amount of people on here and on Twitter who are claiming that they have a season ticket in the South Stand and love to join in the atmosphere

Statistically some of you are lying because the South Stand is like a library if we haven't scored in the first 15 minutes..

12 minutes ago, Tombo said:

My favourite thing about all this is the amount of people on here and on Twitter who are claiming that they have a season ticket in the South Stand and love to join in the atmosphere

Statistically some of you are lying because the South Stand is like a library if we haven't scored in the first 15 minutes..

I would say first 10 Tombo, dont be so generous.

17 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Omg some people are so mardy they rather have pp dead silent so no one has no fun.

I suggest we start a chant

We want our drum drum.back we want our drum back.

As loud as possible any ones got mardy go to west stand like up there.

The drum is back B4 

As someone that sits in the north stand, it's felt like the south stand has been a library for a while.

I miss the 'Since I was young' chant that went around the ground from the Mac1 days. It was nice to finally hear that chant at the Oxford game. Unfortunately the players performance meant the chant didn't get much steam going for it, but one worth trying again soon I hope!

7 minutes ago, SouthDerbysRam said:

As someone that sits in the north stand, it's felt like the south stand has been a library for a while.

I miss the 'Since I was young' chant that went around the ground from the Mac1 days. It was nice to finally hear that chant at the Oxford game. Unfortunately the players performance meant the chant didn't get much steam going for it, but one worth trying again soon I hope!

Hence the reason many of us are 'trying' to do something. May not please everyone but the effort is there from many individuals.

Remember when we started that at Charlton away, was the song of the year for sure. Kind of been on the back burner of recent but if you have seen the concourse video on the socials with South Korean Lee it was at the perfect tempo rather than being rushed as it often is in the stands.

P.S Turn your volume down if you feel the drum is too loud.