Drum in South Upper Block D

therams69

6 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

Would it be possible to create som kind of platform for the drum in the Lower Guthrie ?  (which is always empty). It would stir up the West stand a bit and perhaps the upper Guthrie would like it ? I don’t think it is a good idea to block exit and entrance on the concourse pre match with the drum. So much energy is wasted down there , perhaps that is why fans are “Burnt out” after 15 mins.

This is not the point of the drum though Jim and why we have the issue. 

It's not a case of being burnt out - its just how it is!

I thought the South Stand did very well today, kept the chants going in the second half when we were under some pressure. 

It isn't easy when there are very few away fans to bounce off. 

Although not in the preferred position,  it was also good to have the drum back. It actually helps with the volume (and joining in) from the other stands when it's down at the front, imo.

On 21/08/2023 at 23:37, trappatoni said:

Thought the drum was quieter which was good - maybe they've given him a different drum?   After the furore I paid more attention to it on Saturday - really don't think if helps get people singing or helps the atmosphere at all.  

It's the fans drum, not a club drum 🙂

Glad you thought that, this is the exact issue of being located at the bottom.

On 19/08/2023 at 21:15, angieram said:

I thought the South Stand did very well today, kept the chants going in the second half when we were under some pressure. 

It isn't easy when there are very few away fans to bounce off. 

Although not in the preferred position,  it was also good to have the drum back. It actually helps with the volume (and joining in) from the other stands when it's down at the front, imo.

I agree. The South Stand was much better on Saturday. Our best of the season so far. In general terms, I was also happy with the drum and it's position.

• 3 weeks later...