Jason Knight

littleover ram

1 minute ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Nah. He was averaging 1 in 4 at that level. Then the tubster who never trained bust his ankle when he turned up, stuck him out on the wing and the next bloke stuck him at full back.  Warne comes in and demands he runs a lot clearing up everyone's s*** for the afternoon, including constantly chasing back and covering the wingbacks who weren't and couldn't defend.   Strangely he gets goals when played in the position he started with 4 years ago. 

Same could be said for Sibley, at a much better rate, in fact I think Sibs scored 4 goals in 10 games at CAM last season in all competitions so still stands up today. We will see on Knight, to be fair, no doubt his ability to press and cover ground is outstanding but I’ll never be convinced that he has the technical ability to become anything other than a steady Championship option. 

6 hours ago, angieram said:

This makes me sad, Pearson taking advantage of the hard work we've done developing players. If he gets Bird too as the rumours suggest, I might have to move to the southwest! 

Wouldn't put you off, but can't we just borrow one of Musk's toys and use it to fire Pearson into the sun? Hate to seem selfish, but that'd work way better for me and you could just head south anyway, if you wanted to.

On 10/08/2023 at 22:19, angieram said:

This makes me sad, Pearson taking advantage of the hard work we've done developing players. If he gets Bird too as the rumours suggest, I might have to move to the southwest! 

We put a lot of work in to developing players and then play them in half a dozen different positions they're not suited for and then wonder why they do better when they leave us. May as well not bother developing anyone if we're just going to ruin their development as soon as they get in the first team

• 4 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

One of the best Irish players as they lost 2-0 to France the other night, and awarded MotM tonight as they lost 2-1 to The Netherlands.

It's great for him, but not so much for Ireland. I'm sure they would prefer a player who can actually put the ball in the net or create something to be their MOTM rather than the high energy, plucky centre mid. 

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/jason-knight-has-been-voted-augusts-player-of-the-month/

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/international-soccer/ireland-player-ratings-v-netherlands-plenty-of-energy-but-not-much-creativity/a1611885723.html

An energetic performance and added impetus in the final third. Moved from left midfield to the wing late on. Deserved man of the match.

Glad we got rid of this bloke who I was told pull ups no trees, for the price of a 17 year old with no first team games and a bloke whose been injured for 2 years.  Startlingly good business.  We haven't missed him at all.

2 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

It's great for him, but not so much for Ireland. I'm sure they would prefer a player who can actually put the ball in the net or create something to be their MOTM rather than the high energy, plucky centre mid. 

They do try and bring these players in, but not much point if they play in 3 full internationals or part of their system to U21, then decide they've changed their mind. 

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Ramzabac said:

They love him, which is unsurprising. I just hope that his good form gets him a move to a real football club before too long. He'd suit Everton or Luton down to the ground.

7 hours ago, Crewton said:

They love him, which is unsurprising. I just hope that his good form gets him a move to a real football club before too long. He'd suit Everton or Luton down to the ground.

Surely not.  I kept reading he wasn't pulling up any trees, didn't get any goals and those constant MOTM awards for Ireland didn't count as they were cack, despite having 10 premier league and championship players in the same side. 1.7 million was a great deal for us. Honest, we had their pants down.

8 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Surely not.  I kept reading he wasn't pulling up any trees, didn't get any goals and those constant MOTM awards for Ireland didn't count as they were cack, despite having 10 premier league and championship players in the same side. 1.7 million was a great deal for us. Honest, we had their pants down.

We got Kane Wilson f.o.c as part of the deal, so it wasn't quite that bad - what might he be worth at the end of the season? His national manager basically told him he had to move if he wanted to play and he had a year left on his contract (thanks Mel/EFL), so what would you have done?

54 minutes ago, Crewton said:

We got Kane Wilson f.o.c as part of the deal, so it wasn't quite that bad - what might he be worth at the end of the season? His national manager basically told him he had to move if he wanted to play and he had a year left on his contract (thanks Mel/EFL), so what would you have done?

Spot on. Our hand was forced. We needed the cash to start the rebuild and while it stings, I fully understand the reasoning behind it. That said, I hope that's the last time we sell any kind of prospect for a pittance. We've been punished way beyond the 'crime' we committed and the rebuild is now underway.

Very happy nonetheless to see Jason prosper, which we all knew he would. Folk scoffed at the move, but Jason has grabbed it with both hands and by all accounts, continued in a rich vein of form. He'll have been noted, that much I guarantee. He'll get his move soon enough, indeed I'd be surprised to see him still at Brizzle after the summer window, but that won't stop him busting a gut for them every game until it happens.

6 hours ago, Crewton said:

I've no objection to him moving.  He did his time when others fecked off.  The price however, was terrible.