Twitter Rebrand to 𝕏

Day

7 hours ago, Highgate said:

Why would he post that?  In what way does he think it's amazing?  Does he not stop and think about what he is saying from time to time? 

Does Elon not have a trusted PA or advisor whom he can run opinions/posts by before he makes them public.  It seems not, because for all his success he really does say/post the stupidest things. There seems to be some fundamental defect in his personality, an absence of basic common sense some might call it. 

His feed is just a 14yr old meme-ing, and his followers lap it all up. He's never progressed beyond finding 69 funny, or jokes about reaching Uranus - who's going to want to filter that?

Seems to me like it’s when a pub you’ve really enjoyed going to comes under new management, has new tables and chairs and a refurb with different clientele and a vibe you no longer feel comfortable in , surely you just stop going , why waste your time standing with your nosed pressed up against the window or a foot in the door tut tutting about how bad the place is now 🤷🏻‍♂️,

if there’s one thing that’s totally clear it’s the fact that it’s not a platform for free speech , free from biased running of owners and never was , one group was unhappy before musk and another is unhappy now musk has it

14 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

I'm sorry but jokes about Uranus are always funny 

Omega watches are part of the Swatch watch empire - a couple of years ago, Swatch decided they'd do a 'cheap' Omega so they released a set of watches all space related and all called 'A mission to....'. Amongst the versions, they had 'A mission to the Moon'; 'A mission to Neptune'; and the classic 'A mission to Uranus'.....

53 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Omega watches are part of the Swatch watch empire - a couple of years ago, Swatch decided they'd do a 'cheap' Omega so they released a set of watches all space related and all called 'A mission to....'. Amongst the versions, they had 'A mission to the Moon'; 'A mission to Neptune'; and the classic 'A mission to Uranus'.....

They are a nice watch , very good budget quality and design , quite hard to get hold of though

Edited by Archied

13 hours ago, cstand said:

Good that means I can avoid it.

What! You aren't wetting yourself with excitement about how many millions can be spent on advertising to 3 or 4 rust belt states that the whole ludicrous thing is decided by?

24 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

What! You aren't wetting yourself with excitement about how many millions can be spent on advertising to 3 or 4 rust belt states that the whole ludicrous thing is decided by?

I will be avoiding the US elections in the same manner that I avoid watching Notts Forest on TV.

Unfortunately I have no doubt that I will get a running commentary of what’s happening off my wife who still watches the MSM news even though I tell her on a regular basis not to bother. 😀

Edited by cstand

27 minutes ago, cstand said:

I will be avoiding the US elections in the same manner that I avoid watching Notts Forest on TV.

Unfortunately I have no doubt that I will get a running commentary of what’s happening off my wife who still watches the MSM news even though I tell her on a regular basis not to bother. 😀

Can you tell her to stop sending me Forest goal updates too. It got mildy annoying last season, fortunately their weren't many of them.

On 27/07/2024 at 10:49, Jubbs said:

Here's Elon Musk outright breaking the law. Creating/sharing a deep fake video of a political candidate for the purpose of interfering with the election. 

Calm down, Jubbs! Of course it's not illegal to repost satire. If you follow the link through to MrReagan (the creator) clearly labels the vid "parody". I just looked and it's had 112m views, because many people agree it is both amazing and hilarious. 

the big bang theory sheldon GIF

What makes Twitter/X so clever and powerful is it's ability to share content in this way. I never understood the popularity of Instagram where you can't share something you like. Musk's vision of transforming it into a vehicle for long form content was very clever. In the new AI era, this immediacy (rather than training cutoffs) will make Grok 3 king when it's released next year. 

On which note, if any of you don't want your tweets/posts training AI, you need to go to your fuller settings on a laptop (not on the phone) to deselect that. 

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

We all knew blokes who would hold court in the local pub and talk absolute bollox because they thought it was true and, worse than that, they couldn't understand why everyone else thought it was all bollox.

They used to be loners. Now they can all find each other online.

4 hours ago, Archied said:

There’s a certain flocking in here 😂

Sadly, 'flocking' on X (formerly known as Twitter) is increasingly scarce, with users down over 25%, ad revenue down by over 70% and the platform now valued at less than 1/3 of it's sale price. More a case of 'coming home to roost' than flocking, perhaps? 

Equally, those espousing the view that 'if you're not paying for a product, then you are the product' seem to have neatly overlooked the fact that as an X customer, you are both. 

I'll 'flock' back in a another few months 😉

13 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

Sadly, 'flocking' on X (formerly known as Twitter) is increasingly scarce, with users down over 25%, ad revenue down by over 70% and the platform now valued at less than 1/3 of it's sale price. More a case of 'coming home to roost' than flocking, perhaps? 

Equally, those espousing the view that 'if you're not paying for a product, then you are the product' seem to have neatly overlooked the fact that as an X customer, you are both. 

I'll 'flock' back in a another few months 😉

Was only a quick fire one line joke in response to other posts 👍😀,, 

earlier posts around just moving on if the current owner doesn’t have the same view on content and how it should work stand in my view ,

as far as I can see ( trusting reports to a point) it’s swung a bit from one side to the other rather than balance out and become a decent platform,

sadly that’s how things have worked for a long time ,

I get so much stick regards watching GB news but though I’m aware it’s leaning a certain way in terms of the presenters I also see and here lots of opinions from another perspective that are often very very far from the opinion I feel , at the risk of being pulled for politics posting , one of the reasons I like it is I get to hear some of what I consider old school labour values , please don’t take this as a key for us all to break into arguments over what constitutes one side or the other , my point is merely that I really like to hear all sides and stuff I might hugely disagree with too