Twitter Rebrand to ๐•

Day

42 minutes ago, David said:

Whatโ€™s the username?

Itโ€™s possible they have closed their account, or protected their account so you have to request to follow and see their content.

Or now if itโ€™s a popular account, they would have the opportunity to stick content behind a paywall.

There isn't any particular username it's twixxter in general...it says this page has been blocked by Microsoft edgeย 

ย 

ย 

1 hour ago, Wolfie20 said:

I'm beginning to feel on my own. I don't care a jot about Twotter, Snap-whotsit, Tick-Tack-Toe or whatever - am I missing out?

Same.

I occasionally have the misfortune to have to delve into LinkedIn for work but nowadays only use Facebook for one very good group that I'm a member of. I have zero interest in any of those you've listed.

1 hour ago, David said:

Whatโ€™s the username?

Itโ€™s possible they have closed their account, or protected their account so you have to request to follow and see their content.

Or now if itโ€™s a popular account, they would have the opportunity to stick content behind a paywall.

Sorted David...on my...privacy, Search and services...tracking prevention it was set to strict, Now set to balanced and can now view Xย 

3 hours ago, David said:

Twitter, probably the best of the bad bunch still for the latest news and football.

Facebook, the family zone where you get nothing but memories being shared or competitions entered.

Snapchat, for single teenagers and a place for OnlyFans content creators to avoid the tax man.

Instagram, images and videos, been ruined by turning it into a shopping site where you follow content creators, not just seeing what your mates are up to.

TikTok, attention seekers and gullible kids taking on life endangering challengers. The worst of the lot.

Threads, had promise to be the new Twitter, launched with missing key features and limited countries, subsequent releases over what the site is for shows itโ€™s just another follow these content creators.

Nobody insults TikTok on my watch

26 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Nobody insults TikTok on my watch

You think itโ€™s ok that kids are setting other gullible kids challenges to eat wash tablets, or how to self harm videos?

Itโ€™s a platform that has caused to many deaths already and needs to be wiped off the internet for goodย 

People will defend Musk to the hilt, even though he'd not give any of them so much as the time of day. They did the same with Brexit, Boris and Trump and yet screech when Musky attracts a bit of pisstake because apparently any criticism is just 'political'. Well yeah, duh!! Pretty clear to me that he despises those he leads around by their noses as much as those who criticise him, not that his supporters will ever see it. I'm just glad that we have him to protect our children from the queer disease and to decide what I should and shouldn't see on my feeds. Oh, that and preserving the light of human consciousness. That's the real kicker.

As for Carlson, well he doesn't do journalism, he's a media whore, rentable by anyone, at any time, to push any message. Pretty sure he admitted himself that he doesn't even believe half the shyte he has promoted over the years, but as long as his invoice gets settled, it's all good. Go Tucker!ย 

1 hour ago, David said:

You think itโ€™s ok that kids are setting other gullible kids challenges to eat wash tablets, or how to self harm videos?

Itโ€™s a platform that has caused to many deaths already and needs to be wiped off the internet for goodย 

You sound like those old farts who hears one bad thing about the internet on the news and then tells everyone it should be shut down for good.

There's so much more to it than that.

2 hours ago, Comrade 86 said:

ย 

As for Carlson, well he doesn't do journalism, he's a media whore, rentable by anyone, at any time, to push any message. Pretty sure he admitted himself that he doesn't even believe half the shyte he has promoted over the years, but as long as his invoice gets settled, it's all good. Go Tucker!ย 

Donโ€™t know much about him but he sounds like 99% of our mp s and politicians from your description ๐Ÿ˜€

32 minutes ago, Archied said:

Donโ€™t know much about him but he sounds like 99% of our mp s and politicians from your description ๐Ÿ˜€

I think 99% is a huge exaggeration, but if you mean worthy of contempt, then absolutely, yes, but what does that materially change? Does it make Tucker less contemptible because there's other people just as shallow and grasping? I'm not really seeing your point here tbh.

6 hours ago, David said:

Heโ€™s taming the bots. Iโ€™ve had to reopen an X account just to follow the Derby accounts. Disappointingly Threads doesnโ€™t appear to appeal to the football outlets.

Anyhow, Iโ€™ve not made a single post, liked a post, reposted a post. Nothing. Just followed 55 accounts.

If I have this many bots already, I think it tells you a lot about how many followers Elon really has.ย 

IMG_1804.png

IMG_1805.png

Strange one. Seeing your post I looked through my followers and I have none of that. Am I missing out?

We should understand that as one of the richest, if not the richest human, Elon lives a different, rarefied life. He's probably more normal than many multi billionaires. All his life he's voted Democrat, but when Trump (also a long-time registered Democrat) became President, he invited Musk onto the nation's Industry and Technology Committee and Musk thought he should do that. But there was so much vitriolic hate for Musk for doing that, that Musk probably thought stuff you. And, as is only natural for anyone, he reacted against that.

When he bought Twitter, he saw first hand the political interference that had been going on. As he's said, it was basically an arm of the FBI, and this suggests all the other platforms are in hock to the American state. The obvious example before the last US election was the suppression of the Hunter Biden laptop story (now universally acknowledged as true), with anyone who tried to post about it being banned from Twitter (and everywhere else). Clearly a deliberate attempt to manipulate the American election, just as Facebook previously boasted it won Biden the election. This is the establishment at work, which Musk chooses to call the deep state. Another obvious example is with Covid, when anyone who talked about a lab leak from the largest coronavirus research institute in the world in Wuhan, was banned from every single platform. Now it's acknowledged the theory is highly plausible and most scientists (and other people I know) assume that's what happened.

But taking on Twitter has been tough because of the mass advertising boycotts driven by one side of an increasingly polarized political divide. Maybe I don't see the bots because I subscribe? But I don't mind subscribing because Twitter remains the greatest site for interesting news and comment and fun. And I love the diversity of voices that are allowed. It remains a mostly left-wing site but nowadays other voices (such as Tucker's) which would be censored without Musk, and it's right they're not censored. People should be able to choose what they want to see and hear.

Twitter/X is far from perfect, and frustrating at times, but it's an impossible job to make it perfect and Musk and his team are generally trying to do a good job and create a public square/space for the free exchange of ideas. The future should be a decentralized platform, like BlueSky is, but that's so small it makes it pointless to use - only the same few faces.

37 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Strange one. Seeing your post I looked through my followers and I have none of that. Am I missing out?

We should understand that as one of the richest, if not the richest human, Elon lives a different, rarefied life. He's probably more normal than many multi billionaires. All his life he's voted Democrat, but when Trump (also a long-time registered Democrat) became President, he invited Musk onto the nation's Industry and Technology Committee and Musk thought he should do that. But there was so much vitriolic hate for Musk for doing that, that Musk probably thought stuff you. And, as is only natural for anyone, he reacted against that.

When he bought Twitter, he saw first hand the political interference that had been going on. As he's said, it was basically an arm of the FBI, and this suggests all the other platforms are in hock to the American state. The obvious example before the last US election was the suppression of the Hunter Biden laptop story (now universally acknowledged as true), with anyone who tried to post about it being banned from Twitter (and everywhere else). Clearly a deliberate attempt to manipulate the American election, just as Facebook previously boasted it won Biden the election. This is the establishment at work, which Musk chooses to call the deep state. Another obvious example is with Covid, when anyone who talked about a lab leak from the largest coronavirus research institute in the world in Wuhan, was banned from every single platform. Now it's acknowledged the theory is highly plausible and most scientists (and other people I know) assume that's what happened.

But taking on Twitter has been tough because of the mass advertising boycotts driven by one side of an increasingly polarized political divide. Maybe I don't see the bots because I subscribe? But I don't mind subscribing because Twitter remains the greatest site for interesting news and comment and fun. And I love the diversity of voices that are allowed. It remains a mostly left-wing site but nowadays other voices (such as Tucker's) which would be censored without Musk, and it's right they're not censored. People should be able to choose what they want to see and hear.

Twitter/X is far from perfect, and frustrating at times, but it's an impossible job to make it perfect and Musk and his team are generally trying to do a good job and create a public square/space for the free exchange of ideas. The future should be a decentralized platform, like BlueSky is, but that's so small it makes it pointless to use - only the same few faces.

Can I ask you what your thoughts are with Elon agreeing that there is a deep state turning kids into LGBTQ+ for presidential election votes?

I rarely post on twitter but do find it useful for news and sports like David says.

I've also found it educational as you read something interesting and can follow links etc to stuff you never see in the mainstream.

Tbh, you sometimes wish you hadn't when you discover what a corrupt and controlled world we live in.

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

Has anyone got a gif of Sibley walking backwards into a shrub?

27 minutes ago, David said:

Can I ask you what your thoughts are with Elon agreeing that there is a deep state turning kids into LGBTQ+ for presidential election votes?

There is a bottom line that the nature of social media is triggering, polarizing and manipulative. Because of the vast amounts of data it collects and the lightning fast way algorithms work, and the fact we have not had millions of years to evolve alongside such machine intelligences, we have few defences against them. Meaning we all do stupid things on social media from time to time, that we probably regret. And I don't think too much store should be set by that. It should be yesterday's fish and chip paper, and move on. Rather than the "offence archaeology" we often say nowadays. So largely, so what if Musk said a stupid thing on Twitter.ย 

But that said, I'll do my best to give what I think is likely the gist of Musk's thinking, hoping it's not straying too much into politics (but you did ask). As I alluded to in the above post, I feel Musk equates the deep state with what I would think of as the establishment, and one way of looking at that is "the left-leaning liberal media establishment" - which has done a remarkable job of taking over the entirety of the education system. It's a stroke of genius how ideas seen as extreme and laughable in the 1990s, such as critical race theory or trans extremism, are nowadays considered mainstream by this establishment (even if ordinary, decent people have hardly shifted in their views at all and don't believe everything should be viewed through a lens of colour, with white people always oppressors and black people always victims - or that it's fine for biological men to compete in women's sports or parade naked in girls' changing rooms, and so on).

We have a massive crisis in the mental health of children, which I think is due to a perfect storm of several factors. One is the rise of social media, and many issues (especially in young girls) can be traced directly to the beginning of Instagram. Then came the pandemic and the disastrous decisions to shut down schools and isolate and not even educate children. But, in the background is the wickedness of people encouraging children to believe they were somehow born into the wrong body, and the misery they feel isn't to do with the completely normal hormone explosions of growing up and puberty which we all go through and come out the other side, but is going to be a lifelong issue. But one these people claim can be solved by mutilation, a lifelong dependence on drugs, and the necessary sterilization that comes with it. So thousands of American children undergo these procedures a year. The day will come when it will be seen as the biggest scandal that happened to children, and I hope the people responsible will pay a price for what they've done.

Musk calls this the actions of the deep state, and you can see why because these crazed ideas have become embedded within the institutions of the state, making them very hard to shift. I would say it's because of the capture of the establishment by radical extremist and damaging ideologies.ย Just as our own Tavistock Enquiry showed.

A problem in politics and two-party states is that the activists in those parties are massively extreme compared with the voters for those parties. In America, to win the nominations, you have to appeal to the activists and then it's hard to rein back and take a more sensible approach. Presidential votes are in play because this has become politicized with the Democrat activists fully embracing an extremist trans agenda. And if you are someone who has succumbed to the pressure, and taken these life-changing decisions, you are going to want toย  believe you did the right thing and weren't taken advantage of and lied to, so you are going to vote for the party that is shouting this from the rooftops.

But, like I said, I think it's more a throwaway remark, in frustration, at the madness and denial of basic biology. Which in Musk's case as a committed futurist, is really important because it points to the end of a science-based society, which in turn points to the end of human progress.

ย 

ย 

12 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

So largely, so what if Musk said a stupid thing on Twitter.ย 

So what, appears to be the default response to anything Elon does and can largely get away with saying and doing anything by his following.

The Teflon Don.

I appreciate the effort to unravel the thoughts of Elon, however, you could be either spot on or a million miles off depending on the day of the week.

Also it delves deep inside a subject which will take this topic down a path which isnโ€™t really suitable for this forum.

23 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

There is a bottom line that the nature of social media is triggering, polarizing and manipulative. Because of the vast amounts of data it collects and the lightning fast way algorithms work, and the fact we have not had millions of years to evolve alongside such machine intelligences, we have few defences against them. Meaning we all do stupid things on social media from time to time, that we probably regret. And I don't think too much store should be set by that. It should be yesterday's fish and chip paper, and move on. Rather than the "offence archaeology" we often say nowadays. So largely, so what if Musk said a stupid thing on Twitter.ย 

But that said, I'll do my best to give what I think is likely the gist of Musk's thinking, hoping it's not straying too much into politics (but you did ask). As I alluded to in the above post, I feel Musk equates the deep state with what I would think of as the establishment, and one way of looking at that is "the left-leaning liberal media establishment" - which has done a remarkable job of taking over the entirety of the education system. It's a stroke of genius how ideas seen as extreme and laughable in the 1990s, such as critical race theory or trans extremism, are nowadays considered mainstream by this establishment (even if ordinary, decent people have hardly shifted in their views at all and don't believe everything should be viewed through a lens of colour, with white people always oppressors and black people always victims - or that it's fine for biological men to compete in women's sports or parade naked in girls' changing rooms, and so on).

We have a massive crisis in the mental health of children, which I think is due to a perfect storm of several factors. One is the rise of social media, and many issues (especially in young girls) can be traced directly to the beginning of Instagram. Then came the pandemic and the disastrous decisions to shut down schools and isolate and not even educate children. But, in the background is the wickedness of people encouraging children to believe they were somehow born into the wrong body, and the misery they feel isn't to do with the completely normal hormone explosions of growing up and puberty which we all go through and come out the other side, but is going to be a lifelong issue. But one these people claim can be solved by mutilation, a lifelong dependence on drugs, and the necessary sterilization that comes with it. So thousands of American children undergo these procedures a year. The day will come when it will be seen as the biggest scandal that happened to children, and I hope the people responsible will pay a price for what they've done.

Musk calls this the actions of the deep state, and you can see why because these crazed ideas have become embedded within the institutions of the state, making them very hard to shift. I would say it's because of the capture of the establishment by radical extremist and damaging ideologies.ย Just as our own Tavistock Enquiry showed.

A problem in politics and two-party states is that the activists in those parties are massively extreme compared with the voters for those parties. In America, to win the nominations, you have to appeal to the activists and then it's hard to rein back and take a more sensible approach. Presidential votes are in play because this has become politicized with the Democrat activists fully embracing an extremist trans agenda. And if you are someone who has succumbed to the pressure, and taken these life-changing decisions, you are going to want toย  believe you did the right thing and weren't taken advantage of and lied to, so you are going to vote for the party that is shouting this from the rooftops.

But, like I said, I think it's more a throwaway remark, in frustration, at the madness and denial of basic biology. Which in Musk's case as a committed futurist, is really important because it points to the end of a science-based society, which in turn points to the end of human progress.

ย 

ย 

Carl you are too good for this forum.

Petty minded people have been complaining about Musk for years even before he took over Twitter and he has proved everyone wrong.

5000 Starlink satellites in orbit now spreading free speech across the world through X.

Sondrel up 100% on stock market today everyone knows Musk is a winner.ย 

Edited by cstand

1 minute ago, cstand said:

Carl you are too good for this forum.

Petty minded people have been complaining about Musk for years even before he took over Twitter and he has proved everyone wrong.

5000 Starlink satellites in orbit now spreading free speech across the world through X.

Soundrel up 100% on stock market today everyone knows Musk is a winner.ย 

Just out of interest, proved everyone wrong in what way exactly?ย