Please post here if your a bit of a melt and your panicking we havent signed anyone yet

NottsRam77

1 hour ago, NottsRam77 said:

Knock yourselves out in here so the rest of us dont have to listen to endless drivel

many thanks for your consideration

best regards

nottsram77 😊

Unless you're using an audio descriptive version of the forum, you read the drivel, not listen to it.

It could be , that we as fans are still suffering after the debacle that Administration was. “ The club was being run in tandem by Mel and the Sheik. Chris K was loaded and ready to go. You will hear in 48 hours. The council was going to buy the ground “. We suffered for months all the time being told to shut up and be patient.

17 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

It could be , that we as fans are still suffering after the debacle that Administration was. “ The club was being run in tandem by Mel and the Sheik. Chris K was loaded and ready to go. You will hear in 48 hours. The council was going to buy the ground “. We suffered for months all the time being told to shut up and be patient.

I would have thought that whole experience would hopefully lead people to be patient, to not hang onto the word of every person and their dog who shares some info about Derby County. All those rumours and false dawns. 
It was a horrible experience for everyone who supports this great club, we did all suffer, and it was hard to be patient…and yet at the moment when the club needing someone to save it, save it they did. They then made signings and appointed staff, and sorted season tickets, and everything recovered gradually in time. Not instantly. And things will continue to improve for this great club, in time, it can’t all happen at once.
It doesn’t matter what other clubs are doing and when (mostly), what matters is what our club is doing and they will be working to recruit players. Paul Warne has said he needs to strengthen the squad and would be working to do so, how would he do his job this season without adding to his playing staff? I imagine if our new head of recruitment isn’t working on recruiting players his monthly meetings with David Clowes must be pretty awkward affairs, he will be doing his job. 
Plus, David Clowes is ACTUALLY a Derby fan, he’ll want the club he supports and the business he runs to be strengthened too. Have a little faith folks, please, even if you hate Warne you must see the club will sign some players in time?

Edited by Caerphilly Ram
Added thoughts on Clowes

I can understand the frustration.

NLN was very clear on the benefits of getting your business done early. And believe me, if we’re serious about promotion there’s a big rebuild needed.

To emphasise this, I’ll say the following. As a season ticket holder (ooh get me - nearly a half fan) I bought a programme for pretty much every home game. There wasn’t one in which we had the longer list of first team players on the back page.  And not by a little bit, but regularly by ten or fifteen players.

So we had a small squad. And have lost 7 or 8 from that already.

And we had a chance in January to push on. Nay sayers will point to lack of funds. I’ll point to the job done at Burton Albion. Transformed the squad for naff all and transformed the team performance. We got an ineffectual teenager from Norwich who could run around a bit and an ineffectual teenager from Spurs who’ll probably have a fair to middling career eventually (aren’t all our Spurs loaners like that?). Not a massive statement from Warne on his ability to shape a team is it?

I’ve renewed the said season tickets. But I’ve got to say there is part of my conscious nagging at me (yes probably the bit that lives in a cardboard box) saying ‘where’s the evidence that the money you’ve spent will be richly rewarded’.

6 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

I can understand the frustration.

NLN was very clear on the benefits of getting your business done early. And believe me, if we’re serious about promotion there’s a big rebuild needed.

To emphasise this, I’ll say the following. As a season ticket holder (ooh get me - nearly a half fan) I bought a programme for pretty much every home game. There wasn’t one in which we had the longer list of first team players on the back page.  And not by a little bit, but regularly by ten or fifteen players.

So we had a small squad. And have lost 7 or 8 from that already.

And we had a chance in January to push on. Nay sayers will point to lack of funds. I’ll point to the job done at Burton Albion. Transformed the squad for naff all and transformed the team performance. We got an ineffectual teenager from Norwich who could run around a bit and an ineffectual teenager from Spurs who’ll probably have a fair to middling career eventually (aren’t all our Spurs loaners like that?). Not a massive statement from Warne on his ability to shape a team is it?

I’ve renewed the said season tickets. But I’ve got to say there is part of my conscious nagging at me (yes probably the bit that lives in a cardboard box) saying ‘where’s the evidence that the money you’ve spent will be richly rewarded’.

On your last statement, your money spent will be richly rewarded with a season's worth of football matches at Pride Park. The club makes no guarantees on the quality of those football matches!

3 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

On your last statement, your money spent will be richly rewarded with a season's worth of football matches at Pride Park. The club makes no guarantees on the quality of those football matches!

Agree and disagree.

I’m thankful that I have the opportunity to attend a season’s worth of matches.

But I’m not from a footballing family. My dad was a lead guitarist (amongst other things) and had other passions. So the opportunity I have gives me a chance to forge memories and spend time with my son.

So why would I or others spend hard earned money to be not entertained? This is why so many of love Mac1. I just want to share that feeling with my boy.

33 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

But I’ve got to say there is part of my conscious nagging at me (yes probably the bit that lives in a cardboard box) saying ‘where’s the evidence that the money you’ve spent will be richly rewarded’.

If your looking to be richly rewarded as a football fan I’d suggest you’ve probably picked the wrong sport, sir!😁 

A final thought.

I also worry about Warne’s comments about recruiting good people. I currently head up recruitment in a nationally recognisable organisation. One of the hardest challenges that I face is Team Leaders telling me they know what their teams need. And in short that means people who sound and look like themselves. That promotes a monoculture of thought that is not healthy.

Strong leaders should be able to involve and include a diverse range of thoughts and opinions to drive performance.

2 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

A final thought.

I also worry about Warne’s comments about recruiting good people. I currently head up recruitment in a nationally recognisable organisation. One of the hardest challenges that I face is Team Leaders telling me they know what their teams need. And in short that means people who sound and look like themselves. That promotes a monoculture of thought that is not healthy.

Strong leaders should be able to involve and include a diverse range of thoughts and opinions to drive performance.

What’s your view in your current role about recruiting people who don’t share the right values of the organisation? Who aren’t necessarily team players? How would you identify a strong candidate to recruit?