Please post here if your a bit of a melt and your panicking we havent signed anyone yet

NottsRam77

13 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

A final thought.

I also worry about Warne’s comments about recruiting good people. I currently head up recruitment in a nationally recognisable organisation. One of the hardest challenges that I face is Team Leaders telling me they know what their teams need. And in short that means people who sound and look like themselves. That promotes a monoculture of thought that is not healthy.

Strong leaders should be able to involve and include a diverse range of thoughts and opinions to drive performance.

Can we have Trampy back now? 😋

1 minute ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

What’s your view in your current role about recruiting people who don’t share the right values of the organisation? Who aren’t necessarily team players? How would you identify a strong candidate to recruit? 

Brand value, culture and the ‘Employee Value Proposition’  are critical. But they should be driven strategically.

Maybe Warne does that in a smaller organisation but I’m not sure. As an example, I value those that challenge me to think differently and those that can think without my input (not the Warne model).

Strong candidates should be judged on their value as footballers not on whether they like Warne’s humour.

3 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

Brand value, culture and the ‘Employee Value Proposition’  are critical. But they should be driven strategically.

Maybe Warne does that in a smaller organisation but I’m not sure. As an example, I value those that challenge me to think differently and those that can think without my input (not the Warne model).

Strong candidates should be judged on their value as footballers not on whether they like Warne’s humour.

That’s the bit I think people allow their opinions on Warne to cloud. Yes Warne has said he recruits the right sort of people, according to his standards and expectations. Which I take to be that they have to understand the effort that’s expected of them, that they’re here to be a part of the squad and the larger efforts for success, not solely for personal glory, which will determine their value as footballers in what is a team sport. Warne will know their physical attributes and stats, it’s their character that’s then key for how he wants his team to behave and perform.
There are varying approaches to leadership, Warne has his and there seems to be a mix of authority (the fitness coach/PE teacher) and soft skills (employee engagement through mugs, the why wall etc). It might not be for everyone, but it doesn’t need to be, it needs to be right for the players Warne wants in his teams and he has been able to sign players who perform to his standards and earn promotion from this division previously. 
No manager will please everyone in their approach, strong leaders do encourage input from their teams and value opinions and I’m sure Warne has spoken about doing so, he’s always valued the input of his “senior pros”, and has open conversations with his players. Wanting the “right people” doesn’t have to equate to people who like his jokes, I think that’s a tad reductive. 

15 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Can we have Trampy back now? 😋

As you asked nicely. We’ve asked about two academy players at Leeds.

Lots of, ifs, nots and maybes.

A number ten and a number four.

Warne prepared to deal at loan or loan to buy. The number four would be Thornesque.

There you go.

I think he’s talking s*** again but he never said we were in for Roberts or Rodrigues. And he never claimed that Didzy was a done deal. Coincidence?

12 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

That’s the bit I think people allow their opinions on Warne to cloud. Yes Warne has said he recruits the right sort of people, according to his standards and expectations. Which I take to be that they have to understand the effort that’s expected of them, that they’re here to be a part of the squad and the larger efforts for success, not solely for personal glory, which will determine their value as footballers in what is a team sport. Warne will know their physical attributes and stats, it’s their character that’s then key for how he wants his team to behave and perform.
There are varying approaches to leadership, Warne has his and there seems to be a mix of authority (the fitness coach/PE teacher) and soft skills (employee engagement through mugs, the why wall etc). It might not be for everyone, but it doesn’t need to be, it needs to be right for the players Warne wants in his teams and he has been able to sign players who perform to his standards and earn promotion from this division previously. 
No manager will please everyone in their approach, strong leaders do encourage input from their teams and value opinions and I’m sure Warne has spoken about doing so, he’s always valued the input of his “senior pros”, and has open conversations with his players. Wanting the “right people” doesn’t have to equate to people who like his jokes, I think that’s a tad reductive. 

What I’m taking from this is that you have endorsed me as a strong leader.

You’re my best friend ever.

3 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Helllooooooooooo fellow realists 

Well done that man. Took it on the chin, got up and fought on. Bravo 😉

Is it Spike Milligans grave stone that says “ See ! I told you I was Ill !”

1 minute ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

What I’m taking from this is that you have endorsed me as a strong leader.

You’re my best friend ever.

Can I just apologise to @Kokosnuss@86 Hair Islands and @angieram who in my head had previously been my dcfcfans besties. I still love them but they’ve never endorsed me as a strong leader.

What could have been eh?

47 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

A final thought.

I also worry about Warne’s comments about recruiting good people. I currently head up recruitment in a nationally recognisable organisation. One of the hardest challenges that I face is Team Leaders telling me they know what their teams need. And in short that means people who sound and look like themselves. That promotes a monoculture of thought that is not healthy.

Strong leaders should be able to involve and include a diverse range of thoughts and opinions to drive performance.

I would worry more if Warne (and your company) said that he was looking to recruit bad people.

I’m glad Warne is looking to recruit good people. He’s defined in a number of different interviews the type of footballers that he wants to recruit and said that he wants footballers who fit into the dressing room culture and the type of people who would make us proud as fans to have them represent our club apart from, or as well as, having the footballing attributes that he’s seeking to develop the team and its style. He’s said on a number of occasions that he wants and likes leaders in the dressing room - people like Curtis who could never be described as a yes man.

I can’t for the life of me see how any Derby fan could disagree with what he’s said. Or be worried about it. Whether he’s successful in being able to recruit to those standards we wait to see.

3 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

I would worry more if Warne (and your company) said that he was looking to recruit bad people.

I’m glad Warne is looking to recruit good people. He’s defined in a number of different interviews the type of footballers that he wants to recruit and said that he wants footballers who fit into the dressing room culture and the type of people who would make us proud as fans to have them represent our club apart from, or as well as, having the footballing attributes that he’s seeking to develop the team and its style. He’s said on a number of occasions that he wants and likes leaders in the dressing room - people like Curtis who could never be described as a yes man.

I can’t for the life of me see how any Derby fan could disagree with what he’s said. Or be worried about it. Whether he’s successful in being able to recruit to those standards we wait to see.

It’s in the definition of good people. Which is apparently people that can work with the management team.

How is that being defined?  In depth psychological analysis and profiling? How is that possible over such a large data set?

Or is it based on a ten minute conversation with Warne?

5 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

It’s in the definition of good people. Which is apparently people that can work with the management team.

How is that being defined?  In depth psychological analysis and profiling? How is that possible over such a large data set?

Every organisation, including yours I would suspect, will seek to recruit people with the appropriate skills and who will fit into the culture of the organisation, including working with the management team. That doesn’t mean they have to like the management team (or their colleagues) nor does it mean that they won’t challenge the status quo. It does mean that they will do so in the ‘right’ way ie without causing problems. In football parlance without upsetting the dynamics of the dressing room. Christiano Ronaldo might be an example. Great footballer, crap employee that ten Hag moved on as quickly as possible. Can’t blame Warne for seeking to avoid recruiting people who might have that impact.

As to how he does it I have no idea. My bet would be that he starts with the positions he wants to fill, identifies with his recruitment team the possible candidates, checks whether they’re interested in coming to Derby and if they are, hands their agents over to Stephen Pearce to do the deal, or not.  Somewhere in that process he will do two things which we all do when we’re recruiting which is talk to the person concerned informally or formally, and talk to other people in the trade about what the potential employee is like as a character and try to work out whether they’ll fit in, or give up when the going is tough or cause trouble. If you’re in recruitment you must do that every day of the week. I would imagine that Warne is doing a lot of it now.

25 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

Sounds like you’ve created a significant problem in your head without any evidence to back it up before the window has even opened, let alone shut.  You’ve got a problem with Warne’s personal judgment and supposed psycho-analysis based on a couple of comments he’s made in interviews… my god that is next level of nitpicking  

Saw the thread title and I really should’ve known better. 

27 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

Yep. If you can put up with a 10 minute WhatsApp conversation with him then you're in!