Jason Knight - joined Bristol City

IlsonDerby

Just now, Big Trav said:

Believe he has gone 

A shame.  For my money he'd have been better seeing how we do this season and pre signing in January or having better options next summer if we don't go up.  If it's Stoke or Birmingham he's wasted 4 years although the wage will be higher I'd expect.  Must have come back with another 100k after that interview the other day.

Thanks Paul

Bristol City should be on alert following Paul Warne's comments on the future of Derby County midfielder Jason Knight.

The Robins are said to have had two bids rejected for the Republic of Ireland international this summer, and now they've received a positive update from the Rams boss.

Bristol City…. we could quite easily be in the same position as them this time next year. They haven’t been close to promotion for years. Could understand if it was a top 6 Championship side or bottom half of Premier side?!

Honestly don’t think Knight will pull up any trees wherever he ends up. Consistent yes, don’t think he will kick on and be premier league standard though. 

Good servant and lad, wish him well. 

Just now, DCFC1388 said:

Not too concerned with Knight going, money will be useful to replace him & hopefully strengthen the squad

I kinda feel the same. What’s not replaceable is the fact he covers about 4 positions and you can trust him without worrying. I am a little disappointed in £2m but also fully understand why it’s only £2m at the same time. That money though, could be essential in getting 2 or 3 of the missing pieces we need. 

Just now, Srg said:

I kinda feel the same. What’s not replaceable is the fact he covers about 4 positions and you can trust him without worrying. I am a little disappointed in £2m but also fully understand why it’s only £2m at the same time. That money though, could be essential in getting 2 or 3 of the missing pieces we need. 

If it’s £2m and Wilson that fixes the additional rb/rwb we need and gives money for attacking/midfield reinforcements.