Jason Knight - joined Bristol City

IlsonDerby

I keep seeing the phrase "didn't pull up any trees".

How many trees would people like our players to pull up when they're regularly given a role or roles in systems that directly contravene any conditions necessary for them to pull up said trees, where sometimes there aren't any trees for miles around?

That's before considering that said players have spent the past few years re-tooled as firefighters. It will take more than 1 season to get their arboricultural equipment back and in full working order.

Edited by Kokosnuss

18 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

I keep seeing the phrase "didn't pull up any trees".

How many trees would people like our players to pull up when they're regularly given a role or roles in systems that directly contravene any conditions necessary for them to pull up said trees, where sometimes there aren't any trees for miles around?

That's before considering that said players have spent the past few years re-tooled as firefighters. It will take more than 1 season to get their arboricultural equipment back and in full working order.

Agreed. He pulled up quite a few trees last year - the problem was that we didn't seem to have the knowhow to make a shade or fire with the trees afterwards.

24 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I assume any increase from Bristol in their offer for Knight will be paid for by flogging 22 million quid of debt to themselves again in share release.  Another FFP scam in the 3 year cycle.

I could be wrong, but don’t believe that has any impact with regards to FFP/P&S? It essentially just makes the club more viable on the balance sheet but P&S is a very separate entity. 

If I am wrong, I apologise, but pretty sure that’s the case. I think GoC knows more. 

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

I could be wrong, but don’t believe that has any impact with regards to FFP/P&S? It essentially just makes the club more viable on the balance sheet but P&S is a very separate entity. 

If I am wrong, I apologise, but pretty sure that’s the case. I think GoC knows more. 

Far as I know it reduces overall losses.  Can't see any other reason to do it other than reduce FFP losses to give leeway.  Not something I've bothered studying in depth though to be honest.

1 hour ago, Betty Swollocks said:

Seen a link on Twitter to an account with around 20k followers that Birmingham want Knight!!

Probably going to try and fob us off with Cosgrove in exchange if they do bid.

40 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

JE: 'Alright Warney, how much are you asking for that Knight lad?'
PW: 'Offers in the region of £4 million, John.'
JE: 'Blimey, that's a bit steep Warney! What about if I chuck Cosgrove in, what would be the best you could do for me then?'
PW: That'd be £5 million, John.

I must be a maverick. Out on my own, standing above everyone else, not afraid to go against the grain, but I would take Cosgrove in a heart beat.

He totally destroyed us at pp off the bench, scored vital winning goals for Plymouth both home and away.

Sure he isn't exactly salah, but at this level his height, bravery and physical attributes make him a decent player.

31 minutes ago, KBB said:

I must be a maverick. Out on my own, standing above everyone else, not afraid to go against the grain, but I would take Cosgrove in a heart beat.

He totally destroyed us at pp off the bench, scored vital winning goals for Plymouth both home and away.

Sure he isn't exactly salah, but at this level his height, bravery and physical attributes make him a decent player.

One of them was offside and a tap in and the other a poor piece of defending then the keeper should have saved the shot and rumoured to be on £18,000 a week at Birmingham - I hope we aren’t very interested to be honest 

33 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

One of them was offside and a tap in and the other a poor piece of defending then the keeper should have saved the shot and rumoured to be on £18,000 a week at Birmingham - I hope we aren’t very interested to be honest 

Cosgrave is a bit of a Conor Sammon throwback - not something I want to live through again. 

I've seen pictures of Knighty in training today.. would they really include him in photos if he was going? Maybe I'm clutching at straws but I feel like if he was off, he wouldn't be taking part in preseason? If he doesn't go, I for one would be buzzing.

Come on Knighty, you little rat up a drain pipe, we love you ❤️❤️