Summer Rumour Mill

sage

35 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

I'm not sure we need or want wingers though. If he can play wing back that's different 

He’s played mostly as a number 10, although has played a bit on the wing too. I read a description that had him as a winger but Transfermrkt put me right. 

Edited by Ambitious

37 minutes ago, Topram said:

How would he know we’ve signed one?

Could be a case that our back-up option or someone we didn’t go for was told that we have already sorted that position, and they’ve let it slip.

Warne wants certain characters and I imagine that would involve not giving media information about things going on within the club. 

Just reading a thread from Millwall fans about Burey - seems like his head has gone from a series of racist comments from some of his own supporters. He’s been labelled as ignorant, a problem by a couple of the fans, another had a different take and classed him as a confidence player, extremely introvert. 

Whoever the kid goes to, personally, I’m just glad he’s getting out of that environment and to a club where he won’t be racially abused by his own fans. 

2 hours ago, Gaspode said:

Strange that Nixon isn't naming names - usually he can't wait to spill the goods - it's amost as if he doesn't know....

He'll name the names when DCFC spill the beans, Then he'll say I told you so, He's like the pied piper without a flute who still get followers to believe him...Should be reported under the trades description act or given a Politicians job 😁

7 minutes ago, The Last Post said:

He'll name the names when DCFC spill the beans, Then he'll say I told you so, He's like the pied piper without a flute who still get followers to believe him...Should be reported under the trades description act or given a Politicians job 😁

Well, Doris has joined the Fail…maybe he could go on secondment to the sports department 🤣

24 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Well, Doris has joined the Fail…maybe he could go on secondment to the sports department 🤣

Has she given her notice in yet or just playing to the crowd?, I saw her BIG MOAN on TV where she screamed and screamed because she wasn't going to the Lords...I'd send her to the jungle for the rest of her naturel 👍

39 minutes ago, The Last Post said:

Has she given her notice in yet or just playing to the crowd?, I saw her BIG MOAN on TV where she screamed and screamed because she wasn't going to the Lords...I'd send her to the jungle for the rest of her naturel 👍

I was referring to Boris 😁

3 hours ago, Ambitious said:

A league one club has had a bid accepted of roughly £500k for Millwall winger, Tyler Burey. He’s a player with a questionable character, but a lot of talent going by the comments from supporters - lots of Millwall fans don’t want to lose his ability and potential ceiling, others are happy to get rid of someone with a questionable attitude. 

I doubt it is us, honestly, but the list of league one teams willing to spend £500k is incredibly short. 

Trying to think of the list, us, Bolton, maybe Barnsley. Reading would a be a possible but financial issues, same with wigan and Blackpool.

charlton as an outside bet?

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

Just reading a thread from Millwall fans about Burey - seems like his head has gone from a series of racist comments from some of his own supporters. He’s been labelled as ignorant, a problem by a couple of the fans, another had a different take and classed him as a confidence player, extremely introvert. 

Whoever the kid goes to, personally, I’m just glad he’s getting out of that environment and to a club where he won’t be racially abused by his own fans. 

Who’d want to play in that cesspit of a club. 

Burey thread from the Millwall forum.

With it being the Millwall forum ……….strong industrial language, no filters applied!

https://millwallonline.com/forum/threads/burey-sold.53728/page-3

26 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

Trying to think of the list, us, Bolton, maybe Barnsley. Reading would a be a possible but financial issues, same with wigan and Blackpool.

A lot of people saying it’s reading on Twitter etc. but they don’t know what will happen now with readings situation.

28 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

That journalist said it wasn't Charlton - they're the only team he's actually ruled out.

A lot of people think it's Reading.