Summer Rumour Mill

sage

12 hours ago, Srg said:

Don’t need one man to score 25. Wingers and midfielders who get more than we’ve got would help for a start. And obviously anyone to start instead of Collins. 

Think you are living in the sixties by keep banging on about wingers. Very few teams play with an old fashioned winger. Some teams play with 2 or 3 No10’s , press and counter press. Florists have stayed up by playing a system that sets traps for the opposition. How does Bird’s 1 goal a season fit into your system?

2 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Think you are living in the sixties by keep banging on about wingers. Very few teams play with an old fashioned winger. Some teams play with 2 or 3 No10’s , press and counter press. Florists have stayed up by playing a system that sets traps for the opposition. How does Bird’s 1 goal a season fit into your system?

What are you talking about 😂

I said we don't need one man to score 25, then you've argued it by saying teams play with multiple number 10s... which is true, and they score goals so the striker doesn't have to. And Forest... their best striker scored 10, and their winger got 8. So again, point proven.

All I'm saying is if you can get a striker that scores 15 and makes those around him work and you end up with them getting 8-12 goals a piece then we are better off overall. It's not that crazy.

40 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

Are we actually going to get some rumours in here?

Hope not - I'm loving the fact that the club are keeping everything in house and there are no leaks to the muppets in the press. Only downside is the damage to the environment from the extra sheets needing to be washed due to all the bedwetters that can't cope with the silence.....

6 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Hope not - I'm loving the fact that the club are keeping everything in house and there are no leaks to the muppets in the press. Only downside is the damage to the environment from the extra sheets needing to be washed due to all the bedwetters that can't cope with the silence.....

True. However, that doesn't stop the idio..... sorry, journalists on the usual click me, I need the money, sites from posting multiple stories per day on who might interest us or who they think we should be looking at... Ignore 'em