Summer Rumour Mill

sage

22 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Personally think we should bring in both. Then it would be Nelson, Bradley & Flint in for Davies, Chester & Stearman.

Centre backs options then 3 of...Nelson, Bradley, Cashin, Flint & Forsyth, send Rooney out on loan

Agree that both would be ideal. But I imagine Flint doesn’t want to be a benchwarmer and also imagine the same goes for Forsyth (if he was behind Flint on the bench).

16 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Agree that both would be ideal. But I imagine Flint doesn’t want to be a benchwarmer and also imagine the same goes for Forsyth (if he was behind Flint on the bench).

Forsyth could provide cover for LWB/LB as well, Flint was on the bench for Sheff W and it could well be him & Nelson competing for the 3rd spot alongside Bradley & Cashin.

Would also give us the option to take Cashin out with a suitable replacement if Cashin hits a poor patch of form which does happen with young players

Leigh Curtis reporting that Oduroh could go out on loan this season;

“Derby right-back Kwaku Oduroh could be set to seal a move away from Pride Park with a number of clubs interested in taking him on loan.

Clubs from the National League are believed to be monitoring the full-back who has failed to nail down a place in Derby's first team.”

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derby-county-notebook-gossip-news-8570415

34 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Leigh Curtis reporting that Oduroh could go out on loan this season;

“Derby right-back Kwaku Oduroh could be set to seal a move away from Pride Park with a number of clubs interested in taking him on loan.

Clubs from the National League are believed to be monitoring the full-back who has failed to nail down a place in Derby's first team.”

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derby-county-notebook-gossip-news-8570415

He won't improve playing U21 football and won't get enough first team football with us.
Hopefully he does enough to earn a spot in the squad next season.

15 hours ago, Big Trav said:

Nixons a strange one, he definitely had his contacts but is also very close to lots of agents. He has no inside contact at Derby

A month ago outlets were saying that Knight was on the verge of leaving.It could turn into another Lampard  “Should I stay or should I go “ scenario. That won’t help DCFC. BT , you mingle with the agents , any news?

26 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

For anyone wondering how the Flint/Bradley situation will get sorted.

Tie breaker is chucking them upfront for the last 5 mins of a training match and seeing who causes the most havoc.

You would like to think the decision is more based on value for money as Bradley is definitely the better option in terms of current ability and years left at playing to a high standard. I’d imagine we’re deciding on wether Bradley is worth however much more a week (as I’m guessing Bradley would want more than Flint) in wages in comparison to Flint. 

25 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

You would like to think the decision is more based on value for money as Bradley is definitely the better option in terms of current ability and years left at playing to a high standard. I’d imagine we’re deciding on wether Bradley is worth however much more a week (as I’m guessing Bradley would want more than Flint) in wages in comparison to Flint. 

There is no way we as a club have gone so far in negotiations that we are now deciding which one to sign, I know our recruitment is amateur at times, but even I don't think that's what is happening.

Bradley has probably been away with a decision to make, no doubt we find out this week if he is coming to us.

Aden Flint has been on hold as a backup in case.

13 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

There is no way we as a club have gone so far in negotiations that we are now deciding which one to sign, I know our recruitment is amateur at times, but even I don't think that's what is happening.

Bradley has probably been away with a decision to make, no doubt we find out this week if he is coming to us.

Aden Flint has been on hold as a backup in case.

I was told Flint was keen on coming here. Suspect, as you suggest, we are trying to get a deal done for Bradley and leaving Flint waiting in case it doesn’t get over the line.

5 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Personally think we should bring in both. Then it would be Nelson, Bradley & Flint in for Davies, Chester & Stearman.

Centre backs options then 3 of...Nelson, Bradley, Cashin, Flint & Forsyth, send Rooney out on loan

Agreed. Not much pace there but there's many decent sides out there with 2/3 slow centre halves - just need to have a system that allows for it. Stimac was glacial if we remember (yes, I know he's god, etc but he was very slow) and the way L1 is, it's mostly in the air stuff in the box so having two monsters at the back is no bad thing as far as I'm concerned.