Summer Rumour Mill

sage

22 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Might not be Rhodes that messed us about? Perhaps it was Huddersfield that put the brakes on any deal and Rhodes is as miffed as we are. No idea either way.

20 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Maybe it wasn't Rhodes, or maybe there was background to it. Anyway I'm sure if it's to do with him and he signs we'll hear the truth of it from Warne.

I thought the same. I don't think PW specifically called out the player. He said something along the lines of "..there are liars in football."

Maybe his agent, the Huddersfield chairman or Neil Warnock moved the goalposts at the last minute. Somebody certainly upset PW along the way. 

18 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

Are the ITK’ers here to clarify what’s happening with Rhodes, didn’t X1 say he’s wanted x2 years and more money last weekend? 

He didn’t show up for his Medical. Perhaps there’s a genuine reason for that, but it doesn’t reflect well on him.

Just now, Foreveram said:

I spoke a couple of hours ago to the guy who said he was coming to us, he said this deal was done a couple of weeks ago.

I heard it was a done deal about 2 months ago. Then told he was hanging on for a better offer and we got Bradley. How true this is I don't know

7 minutes ago, sage said:

I heard it was a done deal about 2 months ago. Then told he was hanging on for a better offer and we got Bradley. How true this is I don't know

I’ve just read the article about him signing and it says it’s been ongoing for a while.

Lots of stuff we don’t hear about before a deal finally gets over the line.

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

He didn’t show up for his Medical. Perhaps there’s a genuine reason for that, but it doesn’t reflect well on him.

Warnock has been quoted as been let down by 2 new potential signings, one being a centre forward, I wonder if this has anything to do with the Rhodes situation with us?

27 minutes ago, ram59 said:

Warnock has been quoted as been let down by 2 new potential signings, one being a centre forward, I wonder if this has anything to do with the Rhodes situation with us?

It’s a possibility.  And maybe the liars comment was actually nothing to do with Rhodes, Derby and Huddersfield but more with who Huddersfield were bringing in which had a knock on effect.

3 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Might not be Rhodes that messed us about? Perhaps it was Huddersfield that put the brakes on any deal and Rhodes is as miffed as we are. No idea either way.

Or even the agent we all know what they’re like.

Anyone else pick up about 1 min into his pre match chat on the club website Warne mentioned needing to “bolster the midfield and up top, which we look like we’re close on doing”?

Might be me being hopeful but he sounded quite calm and assured as he said it, so possibly some deals are close. Could just be the Waghorn thing I suppose, and he’s said deals were close before. Just thought he sounded a bit more confident in saying it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0g4qb8z

would advise listening to this, my take on it is he wants 3 players in quick and then if he can get something else towards the very end of the window he will.

Also still in for who we believe to be Rhodes, and says it was because something happened with them getting a player in before letting the one we want go.

8 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Anyone else pick up about 1 min into his pre match chat on the club website Warne mentioned needing to “bolster the midfield and up top, which we look like we’re close on doing”?

Might be me being hopeful but he sounded quite calm and assured as he said it, so possibly some deals are close. Could just be the Waghorn thing I suppose, and he’s said deals were close before. Just thought he sounded a bit more confident in saying it.

Seems like a forward is close who is not Waghorn...

Screenshot_20230803-201159_X.jpg