Summer Rumour Mill

sage

5 hours ago, RYRAM said:

I would take him all day. Always liked him. 

Not sure of his fitness. Belive he was playing in Turkey ( could be wrong ) but if he wanted and wasn't on stupid wages the trial defo. 

He would score at this level, still only 30, thought he was older. Has pace and power. I don't think this has legs but it would be a yes from me

5 hours ago, RYRAM said:

I would take him all day. Always liked him. 

Not sure of his fitness. Belive he was playing in Turkey ( could be wrong ) but if he wanted and wasn't on stupid wages the trial defo. 

Assombalonga released by a Turkish club by “mutual consent” last year.

Signed a six month contract in January with his original club Watford, contract not extended so he’s a free agent that seems to be on no one’s radar.

Works his socks off and a decent finisher…………………….its gotta be Godden hopefully.

25 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

He would score at this level, still only 30, thought he was older. Has pace and power. I don't think this has legs but it would be a yes from me

Everyone knows we want a player this season who 'guarantees' 15/20+ goal at this level.

But anyone of that standard will be wanting to play Championship football. 

So unless you can pay massively over the odds - you go down two routes, either you buy a 'safe' player more of a 10-15 goal record (Washington) and hope he has the best season of his life so far or you go for the riskier option  eg young/untried on loan or the seasoned professional who has tailed off or even failed at his last club or two. 

Warne strikes me as more as a manager who goes for the safe option and thinks he can squeeze that bit more out of them.  So Assambalonga or Sharp seem unlikely to me, although McGoldrick may have convinced him otherwise. I'm expecting one of the more obvious options from Coventry or Rotherham and then a couple of young loanees.

Think we need two strikers to be honest, if got smith and godden would be happier. Still not sure we’d have properly replaced mcgoldrick. But four strikers should be our aim.

trying to be optimistic in that we haven’t used the loan market at all yet. That gives us quite a few options for strengthening the team. 

think we’ll be happier when at least one striker is signed.