Summer Rumour Mill

sage

1 minute ago, Big Trav said:

Just watched Collins interview with ramstv says he’s spoken to a couple players who he expects to come in. Putting 2+2 together Sonny Bradley and Mark Harris spring to mind 

If this is the case then Collins deserve the head scout role. Already played a part in getting Nelson here.

9 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Just watched Collins interview with ramstv says he’s spoken to a couple players who he expects to come in. Putting 2+2 together Sonny Bradley and Mark Harris spring to mind 

“I’ve spoken to a couple of lads that might be coming so hopefully we can get them through the door”

Collins providing more optimism than Warne, but could be any of Harris, Bradley or Flint also could be someone we’ve not even been linked to, I hope it’s Bradley and Harris personally 

9 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

If he is chief scout it probably explains our lack of success attracting rival forwards 😀

I'm going to back Collins to have a good season for us.

I just have this feeling he will break the 20 goals for the season tally. Call it blind faith, stupidity. 

I actually think Collins, hourihanne and Barkhuizen will be much better than last season.

13 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

If this is the case then Collins deserve the head scout role. Already played a part in getting Nelson here.

Our chief scout, Glyn Chamberlain was also chief scout at Cardiff when they signed Nelson.

2 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I'm going to back Collins to have a good season for us.

I just have this feeling he will break the 20 goals for the season tally. Call it blind faith, stupidity. 

I actually think Collins, hourihanne and Barkhuizen will be much better than last season.

Collins is limited .. v v limited. But he is a presence and can as hes shown in his career score goals

personally im Not a fan at all… but that being said with a couple of proper wings backs that hopefully will now release barks and nml higher up then maybe he gets a bit more service and quality

Just saying it out loud more than anything 

if i fully believe that iM not actually sure lol

36 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

I disagree sorry

Having a massive squad at this level is neither practical or unsustainable

to have a squad of good players where half are scratching around doing nothing isnt possible and we couldnt afford it 

If u read what i said, its about balance 

im not saying we run with a tiny squad again 

last year we had 2 strikers to choose from

warne has said in an ideal world he would have 4 but it might not be possible

what do u want ? 6? 8? forwards ???

this isnt champo mate

im Sorry but ur wrong

4 strikers is probably ok, but if we go into the season with 3, then that's just not enough for the way Warne wants to play.  3 strikers with 50+ games means they're each starting ~35 games each (assuming we rotate evenly).  That would be fine with a 'normal' manager, but not with a manager who wants insane effort-levels from his players.  I absolutely agree that we shouldn't be having a massive squad at this level, but I also think if you want to play the way Warne wants to play, you *need* a relatively big squad to do it, and that means 2 players minimum per position, for the positions that involve a lot of running (i.e. everything except centre-half and goalkeeper).

2 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

4 strikers is probably ok, but if we go into the season with 3, then that's just not enough for the way Warne wants to play.  3 strikers with 50+ games means they're each starting ~35 games each (assuming we rotate evenly).  That would be fine with a 'normal' manager, but not with a manager who wants insane effort-levels from his players.  I absolutely agree that we shouldn't be having a massive squad at this level, but I also think if you want to play the way Warne wants to play, you *need* a relatively big squad to do it, and that means 2 players minimum per position, for the positions that involve a lot of running (i.e. everything except centre-half and goalkeeper).

I hear u 

i think it needs to be done cleverly .. like with a couple of players that can maybe cover a couple of roles.

see what happens and tbh i think we should embrace it

everything suggests its going to be a busy summer. i mean weve signed 4 already. 

it wont happen all at once , but cant help think we’ll come out of it alright once the dust settles. 

Not saying it wont be without teething problems , cos it will have them… it cant not have when u bring in so many players 

12 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

Be fantastic additions if true!! 

Genuine question

cos i really dont know a lot about harris other than the mixed feedback on here and the cardiff forum

but do i need to he ready to cheer Or boo his potential arrival ? 

1 minute ago, S8TY said:

Be nice if we could un-earth a bit of low cost talent from europe maybe...we really do need to broaden our searches 

I remember signing Marco Reich and had never heard of him prior 

I also remember peryplopkins and kazimechek

i wish id never heard of them 😂😂😂

(Excuse the spelling) 

1 minute ago, NottsRam77 said:

I also remember peryplopkins and kazimechek

i wish id never heard of them 😂😂😂

(Excuse the spelling) 

Rasiak ? but yes get your point there's been a few duds too ...

1 minute ago, S8TY said:

Rasiak ? but yes get your point there's been a few duds too ...

God yes. He was golden.. morten bisgard too

interesting point.. i wander how far the recruitment team are casting the net out ? 
Do they / are they allowed off the shores of blighty? 

Edited by NottsRam77

45 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Browsing ex teammates, could also be:

- Aden Flint

- Uche Ikpeazu

- the much mentioned Sam Nombe 👀