Summer Rumour Mill

sage

29 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Why did I compare us to Plymouth? They got promoted last season and that's our target this season. You say we need to sell Bird and/or Knight to add more goals to our midfield. I showed you we don't need to, based on the goals from the two teams which earned automatic promotion last season.

You think you didn't compare Bird to Bannan, but stated "I don’t see Bird as a Bannan type midfielder he’s not quick or defensively astute at times". That's a comparison, and an incorrect one at that.
You state Bird and Knight don't get enough goals, but ignore that balance is achieved by having someone like Hourihane in there. Bird and Knight would be in there for greater defensive contribution, and in Bird's case, greater open play creativity.
Bielik is a different style of DM. As I've proven in many ways, Bird matches every L1 playing the same role in the team in a 2 man midfield. Bielik has a worse goal contribution than Bird too, despite being introduced to first team football 2 years later.

All about opinions 👻

2 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Because all the players signed last season were on quite strict wage restrictions if I’m not mistaken, and that was way below £12K a week

Without checking i think it was publicised we were capped at 12k.  Hourihane being our star signing probably hit that.    The likes of lawrence and bielik were likely on 20k plus. Waghorn not too far behind that just to name a few.

Dont forget we paid top 6 'championship type wages' for a lot of our buys when gunning for promotion to the premier league.

2 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Chief football writer for East Anglian Times, saying we’ve asked for El Mizouni on loan from Ipswich but Charlton and Wycombe have also asked about taking him on loan 

Interesting quote;

“Derby, managed by League One promotion expert Paul Warne, are likely to be the player's destination of choice given the experienced players in their ranks and average crowds of 27,000.”

Taken from the article 

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/23620920.ipswich-town-derby-county-charlton-wycombe-bid-idris-el-mizouni/

8 hours ago, Ambitious said:

They will be amongst our highest earners, the restriction on wages for players coming in will see to that. 

It’s obviously our expectations that drive frustration, but on one hand we know how good they can be and we’ve seen how good they can be. If we had just signed them as free agents, released by Championship clubs, the expectation would therefore be much lower. I don’t think anyone is saying they struggled to compete in League One or they aren’t good enough - we didn’t get enough from them and I don’t think there’s anything wrong with saying that. 

You’re within your right to expect more from Jason Knight than you are Korey Smith, for example. 

Cant work out how anyone really knows what any players wages are, unless they have seen their payslips. Its presumably guesswork.

5 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Because all the players signed last season were on quite strict wage restrictions if I’m not mistaken, and that was way below £12K a week

Well look at the Sports Salary website where all of the alleged salaries are set out and become below the £8m ceiling fixed by the EFL and come back and tell us why you disagree and what your figures are instead of poncing about like a pantomime dame throwing a hissy-fit. If you know the EFL restrictions in full please state them. And is it beyond the realms of possibility that you could not be mistaken? If so you have a very big brain for a ducking fly.

30 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

Well look at the Sports Salary website where all of the alleged salaries are set out and become below the £8m ceiling fixed by the EFL and come back and tell us why you disagree and what your figures are instead of poncing about like a pantomime dame throwing a hissy-fit. If you know the EFL restrictions in full please state them. And is it beyond the realms of possibility that you could not be mistaken? If so you have a very big brain for a ducking fly.

This is an absolutely bizarre response to my reply to you - the words hissy-fit come to mind!

As has already been pointed out by other posters, the website you’re referring to is notoriously wide of the mark. If you want to see what the restrictions were you can go onto Google and give them a read yourself!

For me it's all pure guess work and stabs in the dark. For example, if everyone in my office guessed my wage I'm sure there would be a massive range in value. Then it comes down too which salary do you take as gospel. 

For the footballers, like with the regular 9-5, the only ones that know your wage is the HR manager (club secretary), department manager (first team manager) and yourself (player), with the addition of a recruiter (players agent) perhaps. 

That website offers no substances or references to its claims. I could create a website tonight, add lists of clubs players and make up wage values. Doesn't mean it's right though just because it's on a website.

10 minutes ago, Rev said:

This used to be such a nice place, shame what's happened to it.

Wish we could go back to the McClaren days where all you had to worry about was DerbyBrexitLoyal or whatever he was called