Summer Rumour Mill

sage

Just now, MackworthRamIsGod said:

We wanted Kane Wilson a RB who is instead signing for Bolton so we are getting Joe Ward, a winger?

Joe Ward is a wing back. I’d be a little disappointed to be fair, puts up decent numbers, which I can’t knock, but Peterborough fans are pretty much conclusive in saying that he’s a poor player. Extremely erratic. 

He was horrendous against us at their place. 

2 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I’ve seen little evidence of Big Trav’s various predictions ever being accurate and there’s never anything that backs up the supposed source of the information presented so am sceptical about most of their claims. I don’t think there are any real leaks from the club anymore, nor posters with inside info.

However, I am expecting to see some signings this week based on what Warne said regarding up to 5 new players by the time pre-season starts, so hopefully we get some news soon.

Agreed, BT knows as much as you or I, didn’t think posters took his ITK post’s seriously 😳 

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

Joe Ward is a wing back. I’d be a little disappointed to be fair, puts up decent numbers, which I can’t knock, but Peterborough fans are pretty much conclusive in saying that he’s a poor player. Extremely erratic. 

Yeah personally would have preferred Kane Wilson, but I think it would've been a risk post ACL. 

Peterborough fans seem to be glad he's leaving.

I'm always wary looking at Peterborough players. This might not make sense, but because they're a selling club, they seem to play a certain way to make their players look better than they actually are??

39 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

We wanted Kane Wilson from Bristol but looks set to go to Bolton, it’s fine because we’re getting Joe Ward instead 🙂

Any idea on the reasons behind Wilson choosing Bolton ahead of us? Even though they finished above us last season I’d still expect us to have bigger pulling power than any other side in the division if we really wanted someone.

14 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

I'm always wary looking at Peterborough players. This might not make sense, but because they're a selling club, they seem to play a certain way to make their players look better than they actually are??

That seems to be the way it goes, and as evidenced previously we've been done up like a kipper when that method produced Jack Marriott. This season they don't seem particularly bothered about losing Clarke-Harris. Obviously they had Marcus Maddison wracking up the assists and goals, but only a team in facing desperate measures was ever going to give him a chance higher up.

But then it's also 'made'  players who could play a league higher (and more) in Assombalonga, George Boyd (perhaps) and of course Ivan Toney so who knows which way it would end up going.... well maybe except for Peterborough fans who've seen them all to compare, which isn't exactly encouraging in this instance!

We will need more than one RWB option though so maybe one as a backup?

Edited by Kokosnuss

1 minute ago, Kernow said:

Any idea on the reasons behind Wilson choosing Bolton ahead of us? Even though they finished above us last season I’d still expect us to have bigger pulling power than any other side in the division if we really wanted someone.

Obviously its because they have an issue with Warne - isnt that the stock answer on here?!!!

2 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Could it be... and hear me out here because this is a mental idea on my part to just put out there... could it be... we have never wanted him and Trav doesn't know a thing?

12 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

If I had a source I wouldnt say on here as they would stop telling me stuff and/or get sacked. 

I’m not suggesting an individual be named, but if you’re going as far as to repeatedly claim transfer knowledge about the club then a bit of context as to where that info came from might make you more credible. For example, “I know someone who works at Moor Farm and they said…”