Summer Rumour Mill

sage

16 minutes ago, Andrew3000 said:

Get mobile, pacier defenders around him, then I'm OK with it. I imagine the combo of him and Cashin against pace would be disastrous. When you think we had Chester and stearman, he would improve our options.

Would take him as a 3 option. Be pretty deadly if you’re chasing games and getting a lot of set pieces. 

Josh Vickers would make a lot of sense given that Warne signed him at Rotherham and used him as mostly a back-up keeper. He did play 20 times in one of the seasons they got promoted so he would be a decent option.

I just thought McGee was nailed on, but I don’t really think it makes much difference who we get out of the two. Whoever Warne feels will push Wildsmith the most, hopefully.

11 hours ago, CaptainOx said:

Done quite well with players signed from Scottish teams also - Chris Cadden, Alex Gorrin, Marvin Johnson.

The Scottish league could be a good one for us. Seven out of the 12 teams have a wage bill less than £5m - Livingston’s manager actually said the average wage in his side was £900 - highest earner £1500. They don’t even have the lowest wage bill in the top flight. 

Aside from Celtic and Rangers, we are competitive against the rest on wages. I would imagine ours run similar to Aberdeen and Hearts - with our ceiling being much higher if promoted. There is always a steady stream of players who end up doing well in the football league, even if not the Premier League. 

29 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

Good night with the unwashed one talking about Planck time, the speed of light and their relevance to modern carpentry.

He says Bonis and May are done. He’s an absolute artist though.

Just realised he might have said ‘Boris was done, just like (Teresa) May before him’.

As you were. 😂

9 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

The Scottish league could be a good one for us. Seven out of the 12 teams have a wage bill less than £5m - Livingston’s manager actually said the average wage in his side was £900 - highest earner £1500. They don’t even have the lowest wage bill in the top flight. 

Aside from Celtic and Rangers, we are competitive against the rest on wages. I would imagine ours run similar to Aberdeen and Hearts - with our ceiling being much higher if promoted. There is always a steady stream of players who end up doing well in the football league, even if not the Premier League. 

@Jimbo Ram in 5,4,3,2,1…

On 09/06/2023 at 11:54, Caerphilly Ram said:

I’m not sure I get your point.
So yes, Jefferson Lerma, the Colombian international has left premier league Bournemouth for premier league Crystal Palace on a free.
Rumours are one player moving clubs, even a few players moving clubs, is not direct evidence of inactivity on Derby County’s summer recruitment. The transfer window isn’t officially open until the 14th, the players aren’t due back for pre-season training until later in the month, just because some other transfers have been announced in the world of football it doesn’t mean the club aren’t doing anything towards our own transfer business. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

So long as we do sign players before the season starts I think we’ll be ok. Enjoy the sunshine and wait for some news. 

Sky Transfer show starts on Monday, don’t bother watching for 3 weeks or so.

6 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Sky Transfer show starts on Monday, don’t bother watching for 3 weeks or so.

I’ll be keeping my eyes peeled on the local press to Derby and of course the club’s social media as always. I’ve got a suspicion we’ll hear some news this week, purely based on the rumours and speculation out there rather than anything concrete. Leigh Curtis has suggested mid to late June a couple of times during the Q&As he does for the DET, we’ve got all this noise from our very own forum ITK’ers, Twitter is awash with people claiming McGoldrick is and isn’t leaving, plus I’m not sure I can cope with another week of conclusion jumping by people on social media and the forum. So yeah, some news this week please universe 🙏 

Mentioned him before on here, but I do think if we are looking in Ireland we will move for Farrugia, once again showed this week he’s one of the best in the league, he’s turned down moves to Middlesborough and QPR over the last few years so he could finish his Biomed degree, I believe he’s finished now so will be happy to kick on in his football career. Ticks every box for Warne as a 24 year old wing back who creates lots of chances from crosses and driving with the ball.

IMG_1318.jpeg