Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread 2023

On 23/07/2023 at 15:07, Van der MoodHoover said:

And isn't it David Clowes perception that the budget is "good for this league".

He presumably cannot know this so it is his judgement.

He is an intelligent business man with a capable team around him. All football teams finances are a matter of public record once filed. It isn't hard to work out what every team spent on wages and fees in league 1, factor in inflation and compare to our own finances. He also has a manager who has worked in L1 and knows what a good budget is.

Wickham would be a decent signing, personally I see four experienced strikers coming into League One who will do well with whoever they sign with - Billy Sharp, Jordan Rhodes, Chris Martin and Connor Wickham. Wickham actually did well in a bad FGR side and got a move back to the Championship, but didn't play that much. 

51 minutes ago, Ramalong said:

What about Connor Wickham

Did very well at Forest Green at start of last season. Then moved to Cardiff and didn't play many minutes. Not even checked but presume it was because he got injured given the rest of his career. I suspect that might be what puts us off. 

Liverpool Echo ratings for the Bolton v Everton friendly.

Lewis Dobbin - 8 

A really impressive showing from the youngster. He looked sharp, made the right runs in behind, and looked to get at the Bolton defence every chance he could. He should have scored in the first half, but he sent the perfect message to his boss.

Looks like he’s going nowhere……shame, I’d have had him back, good luck to the lad

1 hour ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

Liverpool Echo ratings for the Bolton v Everton friendly.

Lewis Dobbin - 8 

A really impressive showing from the youngster. He looked sharp, made the right runs in behind, and looked to get at the Bolton defence every chance he could. He should have scored in the first half, but he sent the perfect message to his boss.

Looks like he’s going nowhere……shame, I’d have had him back, good luck to the lad

I posted the miss on his thread in ex-Rams.

We can bring our own youngsters through to miss EASY one on ones, if they did, why should we waste a spot on someone else's?

Edited by RoyMac5

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

I posted the miss on his thread in ex-Rams.

We can bring our own youngsters through to miss EASY one on ones, if they did, why should we waste a spot on someone else's?

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

A really impressive showing from the youngster. He looked sharp, made the right runs in behind, and looked to get at the Bolton defence every chance he could.

Here’s a question …..you ever played the game at a decent level?

1 hour ago, Dartmouth Ram said:

Jack Whatmough and Jamie McGrath have just both released themselves from their Wigan contracts. Wouldn't mind one or the other or both tbh

McGrath only played 4 games for Wigan in 2 years so probably not good enough but they seem gutted about Whatmough 

Do we need another CB? I would say yes personally but have we got the budget for another one and the other positions we need?

Edited by McMuffin

12 minutes ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

Here’s a question …..you ever played the game at a decent level?

Why?

He's a youngster that shows potential. He's not our youngster, why should we waste our time if he doesn't come through next season?

Edited by RoyMac5

2 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Whatmough is a good player and great prospect. I would assume he’s going to the Championship though.

Nobody would want Whatmough at Derby anyway. He is leaving Wigan because he is exploiting a contract breach. Nobody on here would be two faced enough to overlook that surely.

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

12 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Whatmough is a good player and great prospect. I would assume he’s going to the Championship though.

His teammate McGrath is also leaving and whilst not as good would be decent at this level and can play CAM.

The word on the street from my lad says FIFA has him having a high work rate. So it's a yes from Warne.