Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread 2023

1 hour ago, Big Trav said:

We might see some activity but it’ll be 1 or 2, lots of the players were apparently ‘in fkr’ are waiting championship moves 

Wes Harding and Bradley Dack are probably two then, I reckon…

Think Sam Smith from Cambridge on a free now is an obvious one people have mentioned, but the fact no one has signed him would suggest his wage demands are rather high.

Might be one we see move in a few weeks time when his wage demands drop. Only 25 years old and has scored around 15 goals last two seasons at this level for a poor side. You’d hope he’d add a few more in a better team. 

8 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

Think Sam Smith from Cambridge on a free now is an obvious one people have mentioned, but the fact no one has signed him would suggest his wage demands are rather high.

Smith's apparently good mates with his Knibbs who's also a free agent with them both leaving Cambridge, they went on holiday together according to someone on their forum.

Knibbs is waiting around to see what Reading offer him if they get their poo sorted, it wouldn't entirely surprise me if they stick together and end up going there (or somewhere else) as a package, help each other settle at a new club etc 

Edited by Kokosnuss

3 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

Smith's apparently good mates with his Knibbs who's also a free agent with them both leaving Cambridge, they went on holiday together according to someone on their forum.

Knibbs is waiting around to see what Reading offer him if they get their poo sorted, it wouldn't entirely surprise me if they stick together and end up going there (or somewhere else) as a package deal.

Thought Knibbs had already moved but a quick twitter search confirms otherwise. Could be an astute double signing considering our shortcomings at that end of the pitch (believe Knibbs can/does also play out wide).

1 minute ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Would we bother with Dack.  He's not been great for 3 years and makes Bielik look like The Hulk.

If and it's a massive if, he gets fit and stays fit, at this level, he has the potential to be one of the top 5 players in the league.

4 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

Thought Knibbs had already moved but a quick twitter search confirms otherwise. Could be an astute double signing considering our shortcomings at that end of the pitch (believe Knibbs can/does also play out wide).

He won't get many goals, 9 in 74 League 1 games.  Appears his brothers pretty quick though, so he might have speed.

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

He won't get many goals, 9 in 74 League 1 games.  Appears his brothers pretty quick though, so he might have speed.

Doesn’t really play as a striker too much. 

I feel our next signings will determine how we line up. If we get a couple more centre fowards then a 352 will look like our go to formation but if we get a couple of number 10s or inside fowards then it will be a 343/3421. I feel we are still an attacking option or two short but it all depends on how Paul wants us to line up on what our next targets should be.

Need a central midfield enforcer, high energy, tough tackling no-nonsense Savage type. Plus at least 2 strikers one of whom is a physical handful, and ideally a pacy winger. I see two or three loans and maybe one or two more signings. Ultimately the goals scored column gets you promoted and we need to cut out the nils, we must be looking to force that ball over the line at least once every game, and then look to score again as Ipswich and Plymouth did every week, home and away, all season long.

Edited by Matchday Fred

12 hours ago, KBB said:

If and it's a massive if, he gets fit and stays fit, at this level, he has the potential to be one of the top 5 players in the league.

Don't see it. Too many injuries, too much of a minor celeb and prob wants big $$$$. 

Ability-wise though, yep, he's a good player for sure but Blackburn let him go for a reason and I suspect he's done for following his injuries.

Just now, Raich Carter said:

Don't see it. Too many injuries, too much of a minor celeb and prob wants big $$$$. 

Ability-wise though, yep, he's a good player for sure but Blackburn let him go for a reason and I suspect he's done for following his injuries.

Can't imagine that little injury-prone tubster doing the pressing that Warne wants.