Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread 2023

14 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

I think 5 centre mids are needed -

Bird Smith Hourihane then an enforcer & a box to box.

I think Rooney & Thompson will/need to go out on loan.

I do think 1 of Sibley & Barkhuizen will go this summer, maybe even both. 

We don't need an enforcer. Those days are gone. You pick up bookings too quickly now. Bookings are tactical fouls these days. Opponents ran through midfield at times last year because our CBs were too slow to play a high line when the forwards pressed.

The deep midfielder these days needs to accept the ball off the CBs and dictate play.  

12 minutes ago, sage said:

We don't need an enforcer. Those days are gone. You pick up bookings too quickly now. Bookings are tactical fouls these days. Opponents ran through midfield at times last year because our CBs were too slow to play a high line when the forwards pressed.

The deep midfielder these days needs to accept the ball off the CBs and dictate play.  

We don't need an enforcer but we do need more pace/athleticism. Too pedestrian both on and off the ball at times, too easily by-passed and don't cover the ground well enough. That could be said about the entire team though.

2 minutes ago, Srg said:

We don't need an enforcer but we do need more pace/athleticism. Too pedestrian both on and off the ball at times, too easily by-passed and don't cover the ground well enough. That could be said about the entire team though.

I would agree about pace, I do think CM were over exposed by the high press/deep line combination though.  

7 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

Set to sign for Rotherham.

Linked with Swansea, West Brom and Plymouth.

Keys most likely end up at Sunderland tbh according to word around the city, absolutely won't sign for Plymouth. All depends on if they'll pay the compo

Every exeter player will be linked to Rotherham this season because of the Matt Taylor link, it's lazy journalism tbh, has been since the day he left

23 minutes ago, bimmerman said:

Keys most likely end up at Sunderland tbh according to word around the city, absolutely won't sign for Plymouth. All depends on if they'll pay the compo

Every exeter player will be linked to Rotherham this season because of the Matt Taylor link, it's lazy journalism tbh, has been since the day he left

They all say that. 😆

image.png.ddd46e7a062d4c3d5929ad24bbbd0568.png

10 hours ago, bimmerman said:

He is from Torquay I suppose 😆

To be fair, he has been linked with Sunderland and Swansea since this time last year and Sunderland bid for him in January. In a football sense he'd be much better at either of them two clubs

monday john GIF
Torquay you said 

On the striker front who do we think we’ll get in? 

Knibbs - Going Reading    
May - Going Gillingham   
Sam Smith?   
JCH - Can’t see us being able to afford him   
Bonis? 

Don’t think we’ve been linked with anyone else. Does anybody have any gems up their sleeve? 

4 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

On the striker front who do we think we’ll get in? 

Knibbs - Going Reading    
May - Going Gillingham   
Sam Smith?   
JCH - Can’t see us being able to afford him   
Bonis? 

Don’t think we’ve been linked with anyone else. Does anybody have any gems up their sleeve? 

Well players we have signed haven’t come from Journalist links. So, I would guess it’s likely some of the 5ish players we are yet to sign haven’t been linked anywhere. 

1 hour ago, deanoakaram4life said:

Uche Ikpeazu is a left field option. Left Middlesbrough for Turkey and hasn’t set the world to light. Big powerful CF who shone in Wycombe’s promotion team.

Would take him in a heart beat.