Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread 2023

1 hour ago, Kokosnuss said:

With Cardiff changing their manager, I wonder if Warne might consider seeing if they'll let Kion Etete out on loan next season.

Derby born striker who they signed from Spurs last season, somewhere between 6'3" & 6'5" tall depending on the source

My lad went to school with him. Says he’s a really nice fella and a good pro. Not sure why he wasn’t at our academy 

2 hours ago, Kokosnuss said:

With Cardiff changing their manager, I wonder if Warne might consider seeing if they'll let Kion Etete out on loan next season.

Derby born striker who they signed from Spurs last season, somewhere between 6'3" & 6'5" tall depending on the source

Didn't really score many last season (3 goals and 1 assist in 1219 minutes) but hey, he won 51% of his aerial duels last season and that now seems to the only thing that matters when thinking of who we can sign up top!

As tall as that he SHOULD win all his aerial duels without jumping!! 🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Raich Carter said:

My lad went to school with him. Says he’s a really nice fella and a good pro. Not sure why he wasn’t at our academy 

We seem to miss a lot of the talent in our area tbh. Daniel jebbison went to Derby Moor. Stephy Mavididi born in Derby, signed for southend then arsenal and then went on to juve. 

3 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

And yet it took from June 10th until July 2nd to announce a signing? Almost as if it’s all down to circumstance and takes however long it takes.
We negotiated with players and agreed the deals with them in whatever time it took, not quickly, not too slowly, it simply happened when it happened. 
Much the same as this summer’s transfers will. The main takeaway from that list is that we should be patient and wait for the business to happen, the people employed by the club will know what they can spend, who they want to spend it on, and when they can expect to conclude those negotiations and either announce a signing or move onto the next target. 

bosman transfers can't officially move until July 1st as that's when most contracts end

Edited by alram

4 hours ago, Kokosnuss said:

Not meaning to detract from the overall point about patience, but we couldn't really announce any signings between those dates, what with with the club being in administration and all that!

Effectively our transfer window opened on 1st July, the day Clowes completed his purchase of the club.

i was going to ask when we were effectively sold but you answered it for me, so cheers 👍

13 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

Work permit rules relaxed. I hope we're going to make the most of this and are a lot smarter in the transfer market. Over to you, Mark Thomas.

That’s great news - I do wonder how much time we would’ve put into the overseas market without this news though. 

Technical scouting department will certainly be busy, but don’t expect huge investment in overseas players until next year at the earliest. 

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

That’s great news - I do wonder how much time we would’ve put into the overseas market without this news though. 

Technical scouting department will certainly be busy, but don’t expect huge investment in overseas players until next year at the earliest. 

Yeah, interesting development that as there are clearly opportunities with continental players that pre-Brexit were of great value to clubs. 
I agree with you that it’s unlikely the club would react instantly and spread the net wider when there’s likely to already be several deals in the offing. 
Good to know there’s the potential to explore other markets. 

31 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

Work permit rules relaxed. I hope we're going to make the most of this and are a lot smarter in the transfer market. Over to you, Mark Thomas.

It will be useful if clubs had some pre-warning of this, if not, you are looking at January at the earliest

5 minutes ago, sage said:

It will be useful if clubs had some pre-warning of this, if not, you are looking at January at the earliest

It's definitely been in the pipeline for a few months, I saw something not too long ago saying they were on about doing this.

https://twitter.com/martynziegler/status/1659250804203585538?t=B0MZEchOLeA33RwsibL0oQ&s=19

Edited by Jubbs
Updated with link

2 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

It's definitely been in the pipeline for a few months, I saw something not too long ago saying they were on about doing this.

https://twitter.com/martynziegler/status/1659250804203585538?t=B0MZEchOLeA33RwsibL0oQ&s=19

Finally we will get that German CB

Also, I imagine the Southampton chap has a better grasp of the European youth scene than Darren Wassall but not as much as Philip Schofield