You're going to Wembley, but, You’re staying down😄

LN747

20 minutes ago, Andicis said:

FFP seems somewhat redundant in that instance if that is the case. A quick google does appear to be correct there. 

I think it’s less about “fair play” (in the sense of trying to create a level playing field) and more about “sustainability” (clubs not getting into debt with their owner/parent company. That’s why to be included in the turnover figure it has to be an actual donation not a loan or repayable investment).

55 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

They achieved 96 points in the same league . I’d suggest that if there isn’t a single player we’d have from their squad then we probably haven’t watched or don’t know enough about their players… 20 points more than us would point to a significantly better squad than ours. 

they’ll be favourites for the title next season no doubt. 

They will not be my favourites 

Your right to have a good laugh at us !!! You were cheated out of a point last weekend.You were the better side and every owl thinks it was never a penalty or a sending off

See you next season we will probably be 2 nil up and loss 3-2 !!!

We have a big rebuilding job to do to many old players and lots of players out of contract

Very classless and embarrassing of a section of our fans to chant you staying down.pride comes before a fall.

Love Paul Warne great man and manager.sadly Moore will be sacked a really good man will be sorry to see him go

Our season ticket prices are ridiculous 

From the world class bottle jobs !!

1 hour ago, IlsonDerby said:

They achieved 96 points in the same league . I’d suggest that if there isn’t a single player we’d have from their squad then we probably haven’t watched or don’t know enough about their players… 20 points more than us would point to a significantly better squad than ours. 

they’ll be favourites for the title next season no doubt. 

They didn’t get the refs behaviour we did 👍

22 minutes ago, DerbyOwl1 said:

Your right to have a good laugh at us !!! You were cheated out of a point last weekend.You were the better side and every owl thinks it was never a penalty or a sending off

See you next season we will probably be 2 nil up and loss 3-2 !!!

We have a big rebuilding job to do to many old players and lots of players out of contract

Very classless and embarrassing of a section of our fans to chant you staying down.pride comes before a fall.

Love Paul Warne great man and manager.sadly Moore will be sacked a really good man will be sorry to see him go

Our season ticket prices are ridiculous 

From the world class bottle jobs !!

Just banter. I’m pretty sure a good number of Derby fans would have song the same if the roles had been reversed.

2 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

I thought the only restriction in league 1 is that clubs can only spend a maximum of 60% of their turnover on players wages. Crucially for this point, revenue can include donations from owners. If I’m correct, then they can overcome the restrictions if Chansiri chooses to inject more funds into the club. Hence why him being a billionaire could be significant.

You are correct regarding L1 financial rules. However, they will still have to comply with Championship P&S rules upon promotion. A lot of excludables  in L1 are not excluded from Championship P&S calculations.

In effect, L1 clubs with an aspiration of winning promotion have to follow Championship rules too.

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

That’s absolutely staggering season ticket prices - hideously high and remember it’s the third division - the owners don’t deserve anyone turning up - or paying up 

A bit of context, season tickets have been on sale since January, when you could have got a ticket on the Kop for £395 and South Stand for £535. This I think is the third or fourth round of price increases since then.

This price is only until Monday when the next increase comes in.

I would imagine lots of fans would have bought early when they were nailed on certainties to win the league 😂.

4 hours ago, Andicis said:

What are you talking about? What does Chansiri being a billionaire have to do with FFP? They have lower revenue in league one, therefore less room to spend. It is not easier to get around FFP lower down, not sure what you're saying? 

They dont even have FFP as such in leagues 1 and 2 do they? No limits on losses as far as i am aware other than the wage to turnover limitations is there? Dunno if you spends £50 mill in L1 if that counts towards allowable losses in the championship if you get promoted thpugh

3 minutes ago, GenBr said:

They dont even have FFP as such in leagues 1 and 2 do they? No limits on losses as far as i am aware other than the wage to turnover limitations is there? Dunno if you spends £50 mill in L1 if that counts towards allowable losses in the championship if you get promoted thpugh

Yeah, today I learned the rules differ in the lower leagues compared to the Championship, figured it didn't make sense for them to be run in such a different way. @Ghost of Clough says above however that it may impact the position in the Championship, which is certainly relevant. 

3 hours ago, Foreveram said:

A bit of context, season tickets have been on sale since January, when you could have got a ticket on the Kop for £395 and South Stand for £535. This I think is the third or fourth round of price increases since then.

This price is only until Monday when the next increase comes in.

I would imagine lots of fans would have bought early when they were nailed on certainties to win the league 😂.

Probably yes, btw i saw the twitter post with these prices from wednesday fan.

2 hours ago, Andicis said:

Yeah, today I learned the rules differ in the lower leagues compared to the Championship, figured it didn't make sense for them to be run in such a different way. @Ghost of Clough says above however that it may impact the position in the Championship, which is certainly relevant. 

It's called "SCMP" in L1 and L2 (can't remember what it stands for).

In L1, it's 60% of certain revenue plus 100% of other revenue (such as cup income, player sales, and owner cash injection). Clubs relegated from the Champio ship have a slightly higher allowance than the 60% bit.

League 2 is 50% instead.

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

It's called "SCMP" in L1 and L2 (can't remember what it stands for).

In L1, it's 60% of certain revenue plus 100% of other revenue (such as cup income, player sales, and owner cash injection). Clubs relegated from the Champio ship have a slightly higher allowance than the 60% bit.

League 2 is 50% instead.

Salary Cost Management Protocol. How could you have forgotten? 😀