Will you be pledging allegiance to the Royal Family?

Stive Pesley

Will you be pledging allegiance to the Royal Family?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be pledging allegiance to the Royal Family when prompted during the Coronation?

• Yes - absolutely. I love the Royal Family and I consider myself their humble servant
    • Yes - although I have mixed feelings about he hereditary monarchy, I will probably just go with the flow
    • Maybe - I haven't decided yet. It seems a bit of a weird ask in the 21st Century
    • No - I have zero interest in the Royal family and consider the hereditary monarchy an anachronism

This poll is closed to new votes

2 hours ago, admira said:

No. The country is virtually bankrupt. 

Everyone knows Charles is the new king, we don't need to waste millions of pounds of public money on a pompous pointless ceremony so he can show off in his gold carriage while more and more people are relying on foodbanks.

The whole lot of them are a bunch of parasites, if I ever met any of them there is no way I would bow to them especially Camilla. 

19 hours ago, Archied said:

Why especially camilla ?

I may sound old fashion but the hypocrisy of the Royal Family King Charles great uncle at to  abdicate the throne to love a divorced woman Wallis Simpson, why should the rules change to suit Charles? That and the way Charles carried on an affair with Camilla whilst he was married to Princess Diana. I'm not a Harry fan but I can understand his dislike for Camilla. Sorry just my opinion. 

Edited by ziggyram59

1 hour ago, ziggyram59 said:

I may sound old fashion but the hypocrisy of the Royal Family King Charles great uncle at to  abdicate the throne to love a divorced woman Wallis Simpson, why should the rules change to suit Charles? That and the way Charles carried on an affair with Camilla whilst he was married to Princess Diana. I'm not a Harry fan but I can understand his dislike for Camilla. Sorry just my opinion. 

Totally agree Ziggy,there are a lot of unknowns with the royal family,Dianas death has never been properly explained

I'm not anti monarchy, nor am I pro monarchy.

I have zero interest so won't be watching for that reason alone.

Happy to let them crack on with what they do, let those who wish to enjoy it.

20 minutes ago, David said:

I'm not anti monarchy, nor am I pro monarchy.

I have zero interest so won't be watching for that reason alone.

Happy to let them crack on with what they do, let those who wish to enjoy it.

Sounds about the right way to look at it , if there was ever a vote I would vote to get rid but would be ok to go with the majority, some people love the monarchy and that’s they’re choice , let those who enjoy the stuff like the coronation turn up and have a nice day in peace 🤷🏻‍♂️