Sheffield Wednesday (A) Sun 7th May, 12:00 KO

1 minute ago, Zag zig said:

Exactly this, people venting frustration elsewhere are just plain wrong..truth hurts, but truth is an ageing defender made a mistake.

Its getting just as tiresome as the efl agenda thing 😴😴 most of the time we're our own worst enemy and its our own stupidity that costs us 

Just now, Rammy03 said:

We're down to 10 men. That's not his fault. The referee has made a terrible decision.

It is his fault! Unlike our fans on here Davies knows the rules of the game and if you’re judged to have ‘pulled’ someone back it is a red card because there is no genuine attempt To win the ball like if he’d slid in and caught their player as an example. 

He should have used his experience to accept the goal and go again with 11 men

1 minute ago, IlsonDerby said:

Last man doesn’t mean anything. He was tapping into an empty net from 16 yards out. It was a clear goal scoring opportunity which is what the laws use. 

Wasn’t a foul but if the foul is given a red has to follow in that circumstance. 

He wasn’t tapping into an empty net Wildsmith and another defender were behind ball it was not a foul or a red card 

3 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Can anyone explain to me why Wildsmith didn’t clear it into row Z ?

Think he was just trying to make the tackle without fouling rather than foot through it. 

Well I thought it was a definite penalty and a deserved red card. Their forward has the ball at his feet in the box with the keeper way off his line. He was past Davies and I expected him to score, but Curtis reached forward and pulled him back to prevent him shooting at goal. Yes, their player went down very easily, but the foul had already been committed. We would all have been screaming for the same decision if roles had been reversed.

With all the pathetic penalties given these days for minor handballs ir fouls when there was no danger of a goal, at least this was for a clear goalscoring opportunity.

We've played well though and should have equalised too. We can easily get a goal.

5 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

You don’t blame him? Did the ref mess up the pass spectacularly to put us in danger from a routine clear up? Honestly…

He put his left arm around their forwards left arm. I’m not saying it is enough to go down but he’s damn well old enough to know that you do that at your own peril. You give the ref a decision to make. 

It shouldn’t, in my opinion, have been a penalty because although he DID put his arm around their player. It isn’t enough to bring the player down. 

Once the penalty has been given you have to accept a red card because there was no clear effort to win the ball during the ‘foul’

Eiran Cashin was behind him.

4 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

You don’t blame him? Did the ref mess up the pass spectacularly to put us in danger from a routine clear up? Honestly…

He put his left arm around their forwards left arm. I’m not saying it is enough to go down but he’s damn well old enough to know that you do that at your own peril. You give the ref a decision to make. 

It shouldn’t, in my opinion, have been a penalty because although he DID put his arm around their player. It isn’t enough to bring the player down. 

Once the penalty has been given you have to accept a red card because there was no clear effort to win the ball during the ‘foul’

There is no double penalty rule. You don’t get sending off and peno as well. And it wasn’t a peno anyway.