Portsmouth (H) Sat 29th April

Gutted not to win but glad we didn’t lose. Matched Peterborough’s result, still in the top 6, still ahead of them on points, still in our hands.

Credit to Warne for making the changes to personnel and shape second half to get us back into it. Great finish from Collins. 
Potential for last day drama against Sheff Weds, there’s a familiar feeling to that which I can’t quite place 🤔 🐏 

1 minute ago, nfb said:

With Wednesday and Barnsley in the play offs they may both rest players, so all predictions are gonna be wonky...

Players wanting to play their way into their managers thinking, managers wanting to keep winning momentum… it doesn’t have to be that either or both sides will play their academy sides.
There’s simply no guarantees how it will play out, what matters is we have an advantage and it is in our hands as it stands. 

Just now, strawhillram said:

How on Earth are we going to beat  any of the top teams over two legs. 
That’s if If we do stumble into the play offs

We've often gone into the playoffs as the form team and its never panned out. Maybe we've been doing it wrong all this time

We're still in the much better positon. Peterborough HAVE to win to stand any chance. A draw would do for us, you never know we could even lose and still make it. But of course we should go out there to win. Somehow I think we have the easier game. Sheffield Wednesday could be despondant after their bottlejob letting the top 2 slip whereas Barnsley have pretty much known they'll be in the playoffs for a long time. 

1 minute ago, strawhillram said:

How on Earth are we going to beat  any of the top teams over two legs. 
That’s if If we do stumble into the play offs

Just give it our best shot and enjoy the moment. Things could align for us, even though it doesn’t look like it at the moment.

After last season we can expect nothing more really.

8 minutes ago, Magicman said:

Pretty poor today and once again Dobbin & Barkhusien did nothing !

Right on cue.
Granted, we didn’t win, but we just came back from a losing position to earn a point that keeps us in the play off positions and in control of our own fate. 

We had more possession, more shots, more corners. They had a good spell first half then were barely in it second half. Poor finishing again, yes, poor overall? Not for me. 

5 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Shothiusery…..

1 minute ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Suspect Sheffield Wednesday would prefer to play Peterborough than us in the playoffs. Recon they will go full strength to try and beat us..

Barnsley might want posh to be in POs  too 😳

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Nor White, but I'm sure I'm not supposed to say why did he get on.

You can say what you like Roy, you know that. Just know other people don’t share your opinion, and vice versa.
He got on the pitch as Warne changed the tired midfield pair. It’s not really more complicated than that for me. He didn’t do much wrong, apart from his attempt to sabotage our defending of a long throw, but at least he took out our players rather than theirs this time 😂 

2 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Suspect Sheffield Wednesday would prefer to play Peterborough than us in the playoffs. Recon they will go full strength to try and beat us..

Surely if they are going to go full strength to beat us, that means they believe they can beat us and therefore would rather play us, cause they believe they can beat us? 

My head hurts!

2 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Or they won’t care about the result next week, field a weakened side & then kick us all game, knowing full well we can’t field a weaken side & are happy to try & get our players injured or sent off for the playoff games.