Free agents in the summer

B4ev6is

I’ve been having the occasional nose through other clubs retained lists when announced. Exeter announced theirs earlier with some on social media not keen on the fact they’ve released Jevani Brown, not knowing much about him I had a look and he scored 12 goals and provided 9 assists in 27 league games. Those are very good numbers at face value, anyone seen him play much? 28 years old so in the right age bracket too. 

1 minute ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I’ve been having the occasional nose through other clubs retained lists when announced. Exeter announced theirs earlier with some on social media not keen on the fact they’ve released Jevani Brown, not knowing much about him I had a look and he scored 12 goals and provided 9 assists in 27 league games. Those are very good numbers at face value, anyone seen him play much? 28 years old so in the right age bracket too. 

Bad egg I think

8 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Last i heard he was facing an assault charge, that's why he disappeared from their team halfway through the season!

Edited by Carnero

8 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

He's got a court case next week for assaulting 2 females in town when he was drunk on a weds night in the local wetherspoons

He's already pled guilty to 1 charge, not guilty to the next

City dropped him when he got arrested and have allowed the contract to run down so they can release him. Morally the correct thing to do for a club in the community 

1 minute ago, bimmerman said:

He's got a court case next week for assaulting 2 females in town when he was drunk on a weds night in the local wetherspoons

City dropped him when he got arrested and have allowed the contract to run down so they can release him. Morally the correct thing to do for a club in the community 

Cheers @bimmerman I knew there were a couple of you local to Exeter so thanks for the clarification. One to ignore then.

11 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I'll add, he's a cracking player and really good with the kids so a bit out of character of him. My kid met him and he was really accommodating and nice with her, it broke my heart to have to explain to her what he did

I'll add he was provoked by apparently, there's 2 sides to every story, but the rumours this end are he has either signed a pre contract at Portsmouth or will inevitably end up at Rotherham 

4 minutes ago, bimmerman said:

I'll add, he's a cracking player and really good with the kids so a bit out of character of him. My kid met him and he was really accommodating and nice with her, it broke my heart to have to explain to her what he did

I'll add he was provoked by apparently, there's 2 sides to every story, but the rumours this end are he has either signed a pre contract at Portsmouth or will inevitably end up at Rotherham 

To have delivered those numbers in 27 games he was clearly on for a great season. Shame.

I guess if he’s shown remorse and takes his punishment everyone deserves a second chance but probably not here. 

2 minutes ago, bimmerman said:

It’s an interesting dilemma for clubs in our division and possibly even those in the lower half of the Championship, given how influential he was in the first half of the season.

I can understand why Exeter have frozen him out and let his contract run down. As a club that is built upon trust ownership and community involvement, their stance makes complete sense.

But is there a club out there who will look at his situation and wonder if they can take the heat?

I am sure there’ll be clubs out there thinking they could be the ones that are able to turn him around and help him reform.

There are a number of players who have bounced back from major issues of misconduct, after all.

Even our very own NML. 

24 minutes ago, bimmerman said:

Perhaps not the ideal, natural replacement for Curtis Davies then! 

12 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

It’s an interesting dilemma for clubs in our division and possibly even those in the lower half of the Championship, given how influential he was in the first half of the season.

I can understand why Exeter have frozen him out and let his contract run down. As a club that is built upon trust ownership and community involvement, their stance makes complete sense.

But is there a club out there who will look at his situation and wonder if they can take the heat?

I am sure there’ll be clubs out there thinking they could be the ones that are able to turn him around and help him reform.

There are a number of players who have bounced back from major issues of misconduct, after all.

Even our very own NML. 

I don't recall him attacking two women in a pub. His crime was more, shall we say, recreational.  Wouldn't touch him with a ten foot shitty stick

27 minutes ago, The_Sheriff said:

Sonny bradley ? Seems to be on a low wage. Could perhaps tempt him to drop a level? 

Based on his past playing history, age and the fact he's been captain of a team in the championship playoffs, he's probably looking at two years at the highest wage possible.  Think that rules us out. 

45 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Isn’t he due some jail time or a decent court case