England - Euro 2024 qualifiers

littleover ram

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Well thats a bit embarrassing. 

Didn’t say we wouldn’t win, just it’s a disgrace that those two get in the side. I stand by that after how little football they’ve played.

Hardly embarrassing as both were poor imo. The game was won through the likes of Bellingham, Rice, Saka and Kane first half

7 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Didn’t say we wouldn’t win, just it’s a disgrace that those two get in the side. I stand by that after how little football they’ve played.

Hardly embarrassing as both were poor imo. The game was won through the likes of Bellingham, Rice, Saka and Kane first half

Not surprised that you still try to justify yourself. Sometimes its just better to hold your hands up and admit you've been made to look silly. 

We have a wealth of talented midfielders and forwards and it’s tempting to want to pick them all and destroy the opposition.

Trouble is, you need to get the ball first and stop them from playing.

Rice and Phillips play well together. Whilst Phillips is relatively limited as a player, he has a fantastic engine and does all the stuff a manager could want from him. Also, Rice has developed into an all-round player and isn’t just defensive.

Pairing them allows Bellingham to do what he’s good at, transitioning defence into attack.

It’s a good blend.

Also, Harry Maguire has become a hate figure. No matter how he plays, people won’t want him in the team. What you can say is he has experience.

There are very few good English centre halves in the Premier League. If we play Stones, we need a solid CB alongside him and I can’t think of one better than HM at the moment.

9 hours ago, Derbados said:

Grealish is nowhere near international level, neither is Kalvin Philips 

I find it quite strange that the people that tell us how many poor players that we've got that are not international level are often the same ones that say Southgate is underachieving with this squad. 

Not aiming that at you by the way as don't know your views on Southgate. 

England have got Ukraine, North Macedonia and Malta in their group.  Do people really think that Grealish and Phillips aren't good enough to play against that level of opposition? If we only ever played the likes of Brazil, Italy and Spain then I guess you could question their level but most games in international football are against pretty poor teams.

31 minutes ago, Blondest Goat said:

England have got Ukraine, North Macedonia and Malta in their group.  Do people really think that Grealish and Phillips aren't good enough to play against that level of opposition? If we only ever played the likes of Brazil, Italy and Spain then I guess you could question their level but most games in international football are against pretty poor teams.

Really outdated view in my opinion. Ukraine and North Macedonia will be made up of players that are playing across the top divisions in Europe. Malta I will grant you.

The reason we are still dispatching teams like Ukraine and North Macedonia is because we have a team full of quality internationals.

4 minutes ago, David said:

Thoughts @Millenniumram?

97A88260-B1DE-42D1-AC88-5C8E3247B80C.jpeg

I mean with the numbers of players who’ve withdrawn, that’s about all we’ve got. Still don’t think the squad was right in the first place though. Southgate has to move on from some of his old favourites - and this isn’t coming from someone who wanted him sacked after the World Cup, FWIW.

35 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I mean with the numbers of players who’ve withdrawn, that’s about all we’ve got. Still don’t think the squad was right in the first place though. Southgate has to move on from some of his old favourites - and this isn’t coming from someone who wanted him sacked after the World Cup, FWIW.

You need a little ray of sunshine in your life mate.

Join the Moodhoover gang... you're already an honorary member 😉🤣