Fleetwood Home Sat 18th March 3.00pm

hintonsboots

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

As was mine about our next skilful 20 goal a season striker. I can easily see areas that could be improved - a right back as well.

I asked about the reality of your wishes. That seems a fair comment but you chose to ignore the reality of our situation and accuse me of picking an argument. It's not arguing asking about the chances of a scenario happening. 

I answered your point about the reality of our situation, I’ve said it in about 3 or 4 posts now, there’s only one of us who seems to be ignoring the point and looking for a different one. I’m not even sure what you’re original point was but I will reiterate my answers and hope it satisfies whatever it is you’ve taken issue with.

This group of players have done well this season, I’m one of the optimists (and realists) that think we’ve done very well to be pushing for the play offs and although I’d be disappointed if we can’t win promotion this season it won’t be the end of the world for me. The unbeaten run earlier in the season was down to the combined hard work, skills and ability of the squad, they were excellent. BUT the squad has its limits which we seem to be experiencing currently and I think one way we would have avoided some losses and turned draws into wins this season was if we had been able to add some more athleticism and physicality to the squad, we couldn’t due to the situation we were in in the summer and January so we are currently where we are.
However in the summer I would like to see some of that type of player recruited using our draw as a big club with great facilities and fans, along with our ability to compete to a point for wages, and with some planning and foresight in place that we weren’t able to have last season. By planning for the areas we can improve with our recruitment personnel now in place we should be able to sign players on frees and loans from the lower/non-leagues, championship, academy cast offs, Scottish and Irish leagues. That would hopefully leave us with a more balanced squad with physicality and athleticism alongside technical ability, filling in that age bracket between the current experienced pros and the younger lads and allow us to progress as a club. 

1 minute ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I answered your point about the reality of our situation, I’ve said it in about 3 or 4 posts now, there’s only one of us who seems to be ignoring the point and looking for a different one. I’m not even sure what you’re original point was but I will reiterate my answers and hope it satisfies whatever it is you’ve taken issue with.

This group of players have done well this season, I’m one of the optimists (and realists) that think we’ve done very well to be pushing for the play offs and although I’d be disappointed if we can’t win promotion this season it won’t be the end of the world for me. The unbeaten run earlier in the season was down to the combined hard work, skills and ability of the squad, they were excellent. BUT the squad has its limits which we seem to be experiencing currently and I think one way we would have avoided some losses and turned draws into wins this season was if we had been able to add some more athleticism and physicality to the squad, we couldn’t due to the situation we were in in the summer and January so we are currently where we are.
However in the summer I would like to see some of that type of player recruited using our draw as a big club with great facilities and fans, along with our ability to compete to a point for wages, and with some planning and foresight in place that we weren’t able to have last season. By planning for the areas we can improve with our recruitment personnel now in place we should be able to sign players on frees and loans from the lower/non-leagues, championship, academy cast offs, Scottish and Irish leagues. That would hopefully leave us with a more balanced squad with physicality and athleticism alongside technical ability, filling in that age bracket between the current experienced pros and the younger lads and allow us to progress as a club. 

Come on, spit it out….what are you trying to say….

45 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Er?

In response to the comment "thank god that's over. well deserved Fleetwood"

You said "Yeah maybe but you do know their record coming into this game??"

So by saying "maybe" which part of the post were you challenging? the "thank god that's over" or the "well deserved Fleetwood"?

I don't want to fall out over it. I was just assuming (silly me) that you were questioning the second part of the Sillybilly's post.

lol .You really want to argue with me over this ?? lol lol 

Just now, Caerphilly Ram said:

Am I going mad? 

You keep repeating that you want us to sign the kind of player we are unlikely to be able to sign given the current 'business plan' we operate under. Do you really think you are the only one who thinks we need other players in the squad? ?

Having been at Oxford last week and seen us play poorly but fluke a win I was gobsmacked when I saw PW had put out essentially the same team again. I have no idea what his thought processes were but that was an abysmal team selection today. Fleetwood played us off the park first half and we were dreadful but why take off Springett & Hourihane 2 minutes before half time? What kind of b******* mind game was Warne trying to play there? It achieved nothing. Absolute shambles from team selection to tactics to performance. He needs to grip this up and start showing some tactical nous or we are heading out of the playoff places. 

Edited by Jayram

37 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Since beating Morecambe at home 5-0, we have won 3, drawn 2 and lost 4. 11 points from 27.

It’s only three points worse than Rosenior’s opening salvo which had us in the top 10 but apparently it’s relegation form?

Let’s not overreact. We’re having a wobble. If we had lost four out of nine and were fully deserving of that, you’d have a point that it’s heading for a meltdown.

However we have fallen on the wrong side of fine margins in several games. We could have beaten Lincoln and Shrewsbury and we could have drawn v Plymouth and Wycombe on another day. Even the same could be said for Barnsley too. Some of those goals were fortuitous in the extreme.

The only result and performance that has been genuinely poor is today’s. We have showed signs of what we are capable of in all other games otherwise.

We were poor against Lincoln. Against 10 men and we still couldn't win. Giving up a 2 goal lead at home to Shrewsbury. And today (as others have said) taking all things under consideration, if we have ever played worse in our history I cannot ever remember ,certainly not in any home game.

2 hours ago, Kathcairns said:

Would love to know what good booing your home team does, nothing in my opinion, the players just drop their heads even more. If not happy walk out.

Let’s look at it from the other direction: the majority of these players are heading towards millionaire status, or are already there, and it seems regardless of performance. The vast majority of supporters spend a sizeable chunk of their hard-earned income to go to the matches, knowing that if they underperform to the degree our players and the coaching staff, even half as regularly they would be out of a job.

I believe they have every right to voice their dissatisfaction, especially having seen what these players are capable of, and that the diminishing performances are not a one-off bad day at the office, but have become a regular feature.

When all is said and done the fans are customers who ate buying a product. When that product isn’t good enough and is not up to standard, …………….

1 hour ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I really like Bird, Sibley, Knight and Hourihane. I just feel we’re lacking (and have been for years) a bit more athleticism and strength in the squad. We get bullied far too often, did in the championship too. Every now and then we have a Kazim or Bradley Johnson type figure to help out those slighter frames but feel (at this level especially) we could do with a couple of stronger, mobile players to play alongside the neat academy footballers. 
That’s what I would target for our summer recruitment, find out who from league two and one clubs, championship clubs likely to get relegated, prem academies might be on a free to add that physical presence. 

100% this.  In a match day thread a couple of weeks ago I said we need a Robbie Savage type player.  Someone who is a physical presence and can get stuck in when it’s needed.  We’re too lightweight in midfield and get bullied and out-muscled.

just got back from the match, its important not to go over board. however it was a stinker, especially first half.

They worked us out and put pressure on our full backs, that meant our midfielders dropped deeper so were not there for the second balls when we went forward.

I have listened to Paul Warne. I accept his points about ditzy and Knight not having trained for a week hence why they didn't start. I do not understand why we changed the back four. Fozzy has been doing well all season alongside Cashin, so why change it, this meant 50% of the back 4 changed, not good.

I like Cashin but he needs to work out when to put it into row z and when and how far to take the ball into the midfield, they targeted him today and caught his a few times.

I thought Roberts and Dobbin looked good when they came on.

They deserved their victory and we never looked like scoring.

First home defeat in months, we are heading in the right direction, it's inevitable that we will have bumps on the way. Still think we will be in the playoffs and think we will make Wembley 

keep the faith

1 hour ago, Kathcairns said:

But it didnt turn it round second half did it. Ive been a fan since 1968 and can honestly say ive never booed a player in a rams shirt, perhaps im to soft.

Not even the Phil Brown / Dean Holdsworth / Stern John / Kevin Poole fiasco? I’m still booing that one. If it wasn’t for the fans reaction we might well have stuck with Phil Brown that season and ended up getting relegated.