Fleetwood Home Sat 18th March 3.00pm

hintonsboots

Congratulations Fleetwood!

Well done to your under 300 travelling supporters.

Today had more value as an emetic than a pint of salt water for so many of us.

The cold blast of reality was just what we needed with the cost of heating at an all time high!

2007-8 all  over again!

Soooo happy just now!

46 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

NML off for Dobbin.

Now we have to hope Collins doesn’t do something daft as we can’t replace him

I was praying he would continue to do something daft as he'd been niggly and mardy and fouling their players all afternoon. But there apparently is no god and he stayed on.

I have NO idea what Warne is thinking leaving Collins on for anyone, I'd have happily played with a man who can score and another man who can score (Sibs & Didz) but instead we get Collins. I cannot imagine Warne's reasoning.

We’ve had a few disappointing performances and results in Warne’s time and usually there’s a logical explanation or defence for it.

But today? I can’t defend Warne or the players.

A whole week to prepare for the game, midweek results giving us a boost, time to go on a day out to the races in an attempt to galvanise the group...and this is what is served up!

It’s so disappointing and it does raise concerns for the last nine games because we are starting to look truly vulnerable. 4-5 weeks ago, we’d have blown Fleetwood away. We are fading fast and the rotation options we have just won’t cut it. They won’t give us the second wind we need.

We got away with it once but if we try to move away from the XI who went on the unbeaten run, there’s a obvious lack of cohesion and understanding that will hamper us.

Wycombe losing is no consolation because we have given Peterborough an opening. Looking at today, those two will be smelling blood.

I still back Warne to the hilt, but he’s giving the doubters plenty of ammunition at the moment.

2 hours ago, sage said:

Not our strongest team.

I think this has one eye on the season run in. 

With the Peterborough game not being postponed, he has chosen to rest some players against one of the weaker teams.

I hope it doesn't backfire on us.

Luckily it didn’t ? 

I'm posting a little too much now but that's what shell shock does to you. 

If we can get in to the playoffs , and we still look good for this, I think we will walk it. I'm so sure we will get promotion thru the back door . PW needs to react to this game though. The Play offs are still there , but he needs to react to this just because their form coming into this game was dire.

1 minute ago, Jourdan said:

We’ve had a few disappointing performances and results in Warne’s time and usually there’s a logical explanation or defence for it.

But today? I can’t defend Warne...

I still back Warne to the hilt, but he’s giving the doubters plenty of ammunition at the moment.

I agree except for the last line and the players bit. I've had a real wobble.

It's plain Fozzy is no LB and is a decent CH. It's clear we play little football from the back with Curtis, it's one thing him playing when there's injuries but not out of choice. The difference in the second half was like night and day.

Why on earth take off Sibs when we need goals, why leave Collins on who did almost nothing (I'm being kind) all game. He could have started a dustbin up front and there'd have been more interchanges!

They are the two biggest questions, there are others but they're lesser.

If he's not figured it out by next match then I'll have a little panic.