Rams longest serving players

admira

19 minutes ago, admira said:

In the 'modern' era (ended Derby career in 70's or later).

Starting from when they made first first team appearance. 

8 years or longer.

image.png.b49d4e4669a31ca41728c94f9153a551.png

I can’t believe Paul boertian was here for nine years! Same with Jackson too, can’t really recall anything memorable either of them did.

Are there any plans for a Fozzy testimonial? I'm sure he doesn't need the money but even if he gave all proceeds to charity it'd be great for supporters to have the chance to acknowledge a Rams stalwart who always gives 100% without any of the preening narcissism you get from some Ronaldos of the footballing world.

1 hour ago, admira said:

In the 'modern' era (ended Derby career in 70's or later).

Starting from when they made first first team appearance. 

8 years or longer.

image.png.b49d4e4669a31ca41728c94f9153a551.png

Fascinating, especially how many at the top of the list were in the 'Sir Brian' years. Is this because of the rigours of modern football, or the size of the pay packets?

In the Championship year under Cloughie, I think about 10 of the players played in 38 or more of the 42 matches. Hector played all 42 I believe.

3 hours ago, Rampant said:

Are there any plans for a Fozzy testimonial? I'm sure he doesn't need the money but even if he gave all proceeds to charity it'd be great for supporters to have the chance to acknowledge a Rams stalwart who always gives 100% without any of the preening narcissism you get from some Ronaldos of the footballing world.

I hope so. The  obvious choice is Forest as we won't be playing them this season (but maybe next) and if the BC trophy was up for grabs, then a sizable crowd would be guaranteed.

Edited by admira

You can get a good team from that list.

Boulton

Webster     McFarland      Todd     Forsyth C

Williams

Durban                  Gemmill

Sturridge        Hector           Hinton

23 hours ago, RIMBAUD said:

6 hours ago, Rich3478 said:

I can’t believe Paul boertian was here for nine years! Same with Jackson too, can’t really recall anything memorable either of them did.

Understandable. Each of them only averaged 14 matches per year. Bennett only 8.

Edited by Foxy Ram

On 28/12/2022 at 12:55, Phoenix said:

Fascinating, especially how many at the top of the list were in the 'Sir Brian' years. Is this because of the rigours of modern football, or the size of the pay packets?

In the Championship year under Cloughie, I think about 10 of the players played in 38 or more of the 42 matches. Hector played all 42 I believe.

And interesting too that of the top 10 Sir Brian only bought two players to the club - Roy and Archie.  The rest (of that era) were already Rams players.  He and Peter could spot a player at other clubs and our own.

I still think that the game was harder for players in the 60's and 70's when we talk of the rigours of the modern game - training/sports science/medical care/pitches/smaller squads/more games/tackling/referees were all different.  I doubt that when today's squad come back in 40 years time for an appearance on the pitch that they'll hobble on like Alan Durban or John O'Hare.  I'll bet a fair few played with the benefit of painkillers that probably wouldn't be allowed nowadays.

On 28/12/2022 at 17:01, 1of4 said:

You can get a good team from that list.

Boulton

Webster     McFarland      Todd     Forsyth C

Williams

Durban                  Gemmill

Sturridge        Hector           Hinton

I’d have Mike Forsyth over Craig