Burton Albion (A) (Sat 10th Dec 2022, 2pm KO)

In the end it was a good point as we could easily have lost.

Odd how a great first 20 playing decent football and as soon as we score, a poor 70 with very little decent football. 

Credit to Burton, they forced us into a war of attrition which suited them much more than us. They certainly deserved something out of the game.

1 hour ago, jimtastic56 said:

Went to the game, result was fair. But us away fans could have done a lot more. Instead of spending 45 minutes baiting a bloke on crutches who took offence to around 100 Rams fans being in the home end. (Would we be happy?). The Albion mascot also got foul abuse.The Billy Sharpe haters won’t go away. We should have been boosting our players like we did at Anfield.

I also found the song, aimed at what is essentially a mascot there for the children, distasteful to say the least.

There's having banter and there's being a dick, I think the line was well and truly crossed yesterday.

4 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

I assume you are forgetting that away from home we drew at Fleetwood and Shrewsbury and lost to Lincoln under Rosenior?

But hey we played lots of passes....

We looked like a team that hadn't just met five minutes before kick off and were trying to develop a style of play that could take us somewhere.

It does just look like kick and rush soemtimes under Warne and starting to become clear that the squad just isn't suited to how Warne wants us to play.

34 minutes ago, Derbyram1983 said:

I can take defeats and draws to so called lesser teams but to come out of that game feeling lucky getting a point is an embarrassment 

That makes no sense at all.

So you can take defeat against a "lesser" team but if we were lucky enough to grab a draw instead you'd be embarrassed? 

14 hours ago, DB83 said:

But Warne has actually said in his interview today that "generally speaking, they played how I want them to play". This is how he wants us to play.

This is how he wants us play.

He wants us to play like this for the next four years.

So anyone who was happy with Warne replacing Rosenior must surely be happy now that we're, generally speaking, playing exactly how Warne wants us to play, rather than how Rosenior wanted us to play. I however was not happy with the management change, and I am not happy that, generally speaking, we are going to be struggling to draw at places like Burton for the next four years.

We are 7th and the manager hasn’t signed a player yet so let’s all just calm down and give him a chance and if we are playing like that in 12 months time he will be under scrutiny.

15 hours ago, DB83 said:

But Warne has actually said in his interview today that "generally speaking, they played how I want them to play". This is how he wants us to play.

This is how he wants us play.

He wants us to play like this for the next four years.

So anyone who was happy with Warne replacing Rosenior must surely be happy now that we're, generally speaking, playing exactly how Warne wants us to play, rather than how Rosenior wanted us to play. I however was not happy with the management change, and I am not happy that, generally speaking, we are going to be struggling to draw at places like Burton for the next four years.

Was he refering to the first half or don't you know and just assuming?

1 hour ago, derbydaz22 said:

We are 7th and the manager hasn’t signed a player yet so let’s all just calm down and give him a chance and if we are playing like that in 12 months time he will be under scrutiny.

Based on what I have seen thus far, and heard him and his coaching staff say, my fear is that the players he is likely to sign, are the type that suits his awful style of playing. 
When I hear his best buddy and assistant suggesting we should be willing to lose possession it fills me with horror in what we will have to endure. 

1 minute ago, bcnram said:

Based on what I have seen thus far, and heard him and his coaching staff say, my fear is that the players he is likely to sign, are the type that suits his awful style of playing. 
When I hear his best buddy and assistant suggesting we should be willing to lose possession it fills me with horror in what we will have to endure. 

Lol. If he gets us out of this God-forsaken league I don't care. He did it with Rotherham, lets hope we can too. What do you think fans of the 'big' clubs stuck down here would say?

47 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Lol. If he gets us out of this God-forsaken league I don't care. He did it with Rotherham, lets hope we can too. What do you think fans of the 'big' clubs stuck down here would say?

I want to see decent football with our players passing the ball to their own team not hitting a ball in hope.  His history tells us that he signs players to go up because of their style, but not to survive in the Championship.

14 minutes ago, bcnram said:

I want to see decent football with our players passing the ball to their own team not hitting a ball in hope.  His history tells us that he signs players to go up because of their style, but not to survive in the Championship.

It’s all a question of balance. We’ve had our fair share of keeping possession and passing the ball backwards and forwards to no effect but I wouldn’t want to see aimless hoof ball either. 

1 hour ago, bcnram said:

The beauty of the situation though is that you do not have to endure it.

You are free to go and find another team that plays this wonderful brand of football that you wish to watch.

Good luck finding one in League One that is made up of academy products and free signings.

18 minutes ago, bcnram said:

Other than the last 10 minutes, where Forsyth lost his head a little, I didnt see any hitting the ball in hope.

5 hours ago, Blondest Goat said:

We looked like a team that hadn't just met five minutes before kick off and were trying to develop a style of play that could take us somewhere.

It does just look like kick and rush soemtimes under Warne and starting to become clear that the squad just isn't suited to how Warne wants us to play.

We also spent the whole of the previous season developing that style of play, the recurring theme was an inability to win away from home.

Not sure being unable to win away from home will take you anywhere.

1 hour ago, bcnram said:

One step at a time - we NEED to go up.

History tells us some things not everything.

11 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I suppose for me the issue is style of play. We are committed it seems to kick and rush football whereas to me that is not what I want to see nor is it progressive.

If we get promoted with it do we suddenly change our style and bin off Warnes own players for more fluidity or do we stick with it and presumably do a Rotherham and get relegated a couple of times? 

The shame is Rosenoir had these same players playing at a technical level far higher than they are showing now. It's true we couldn't score which caused us problems particularly away from home but that failing is still generally with us. 

Not a happy Ram. 

This is the interesting thing for me.

I'm interpreting Warnes interviews of the last 6 weeks that generally we are playing how he wants us to play, as in move the ball forwards quicker, use width and get crosses into the box, free kicks at halfway line go into  the box etc rather than 6 sideways passes later ending up woth the GK launching it under pressure.....

But

We aren't showing quality, maturity and technical ability when we get onto the final third  we should have been more than 1 up yesterday at HT.... yet, we've seen that these players have that technical ability to pass and control the ball, just they seem to have forgotten how! That's not something you train out of a player, they should still be able to pass and put a half decent cross in, which really isn't that hard despite how it seems