Is it the ground we've already lost

BriggRam

It is way way way too early to be writing anything off yet. We’re 6 points clear of the relegation zone but nobody in their right minds would suggest we’re out of reach of being caught. Yes, Ipswich are progressing very nicely but you never know, they may hit a stick patch. It wouldn’t be the first time a team has had a great start to the season then faded somewhat.

1 minute ago, TomTom92 said:

It’s not ideal and probably means we’re going to have to be the stand out team in the league to go up. But Warne knows league 1 like the back of his hand, pride park is a fortress so maybe play offs is enough to get us over the line.

I would have been happy with playoffs after all we've gone through, but not sure Liam and the way things have gone away from home we would have reched them, we should with the players brought in doing better,yeah yeah time......but I feel we should be closer to the top than we are.....

4 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

It’s not ideal and probably means we’re going to have to be the stand out team in the league to go up. But Warne knows league 1 like the back of his hand, pride park is a fortress so maybe play offs is enough to get us over the line.

Unfortunately, the Play Off final isn’t played at PP. ?

I’m not saying it’s going to happen necessarily but a good run of say 4 back to back wins could put us (or a few others) in the mix for the top 2 places. After that, you don’t have to be “the stand out team”.

Still very early days.

Just now, Tamworthram said:

Unfortunately, the Play Off final isn’t played at PP. ?

I’m not saying it’s going to happen necessarily but a good run of say 4 back to back wins could put us (or a few others) in the mix for the top 2 places. After that, you don’t have to be “the stand out team”.

Still very early days.

It is still early,  and who knows Liam might have turned it around eventually, but we are losing ground quick on the top two at the minute, and not getting any better, just thinking Clowes wants to nip it early and give a new boss time before it's too late...it might not work, but what's happening now isn't working

6 minutes ago, BriggRam said:

It is still early,  and who knows Liam might have turned it around eventually, but we are losing ground quick on the top two at the minute, and not getting any better, just thinking Clowes wants to nip it early and give a new boss time before it's too late...it might not work, but what's happening now isn't working

I wouldn’t necessarily say we are losing ground quickly. At this stage in the season things can change very quickly. The day we play Cambridge, Ipswich play Portsmouth. Assuming we win (I live in hope) and the Ipswich game doesn’t end in a draw, the gap would potentially be down to 4 points with 35 or 36 games still to play. On the other hand, if we lose we could find ourselves dangerously close to the other end of the table (I haven’t checked all the permutations) albeit with a game in hand on most teams.

12 minutes ago, BriggRam said:

Turned what around ? You talk as if we are in the bottom 3 ?

3 hours ago, TomTom92 said:

Blimey you need to look back at the 95/96 season. By Oct 31st we had 4 wins 6 draws and 5 losses. In comes Igor Stimac and we lose our next game 1 v 5 to Tranmere. All looked pretty dire. We then went on a 20 match streak without losing. Winning 13 and drawing 7. In fact we only lost a further 4 games throughout the remainder of the season. 

I am not saying that is going to happen this time (we can but hope) but yes we were the stand out team i guess. 

By the way, interestingly enough after the Tranmere loss, Jim Smith switched yo a 3 5 2 formation and it just clicked.

4 hours ago, BriggRam said:

Is it, top two already 7 points ahead, early in the season but,can we afford to fall further behind, I think we would, Ipswich are gonna be hard to catch already 

Well only take 3 wins catch them up there bound to lose games as well.