Paul Warne appointed as Head Coach

Nuwtfly

On 13/04/2023 at 17:23, Tyler Durden said:

Noooo that's another fallacy of Warne, look at the Rotherham fans forum, look at the comments more well informed posters have made on here - when he was at Rotherham he wasn't working on a shoestring budget, he was working on one of the larger ones in League 1.

So no he's not versed in working at the lower end of the market as you put it.

Which is why he needs his own transfer window in the summer (which he hasn't had yet) plus some actual cash to spend (which may be unlikely next season)

So until he's had both can the judgements please be reserved.

It was a shoestring in the championship though, i would suggest the budget he will be working with here won't be much different at all to the one at rotherham

Just now, Millenniumram said:

Ah the classic line, if you don’t like the manager you must not be a proper supporter. Expected nothing less from you

Where did I say you are not a proper supporter? The definition of supporter, is included within the name, all I see is constant negativity and bilge for about the last 4 or 5 years, I expect nothing less from you.

6 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Please god Clowes get him gone, I absolutely beg. I can’t take much more of this

What were your expectations for this season? I know you don’t like Warne so just ignoring that for the moment, back in late July/early August what were your hopes this season? And what were they based on?

Just so I can understand your perspective better. All genuine questions, not loaded, not looking for a dispute would just like to know. 

8 minutes ago, Leecamp24 said:

This guy is taking us nowhere. 5-4-1 in the second half against Bristol Rovers is absolutely pathetic. Nigel Clough II strap in for years of nothingness with this clown 

You'd have been the same person coming on here criticising Warne if likewise he'd have gone gung ho in the second half then not won the game. 

Your post did make me laugh though I'll give you that - for all the wrong reasons 

8 minutes ago, Leecamp24 said:

This guy is taking us nowhere. 5-4-1 in the second half against Bristol Rovers is absolutely pathetic. Nigel Clough II strap in for years of nothingness with this clown 

Can’t judge him until he’s had a full pre season and a summer transfer window. Also we can still win the playoffs. Sheffield W in the semi, nick one and defend for 85 in the final v Bolton 👀

Just now, Caerphilly Ram said:

What were your expectations for this season? I know you don’t like Warne so just ignoring that for the moment, back in late July/early August what were your hopes this season? And what were they based on?

Just so I can understand your perspective better. All genuine questions, not loaded, not looking for a dispute would just like to know. 

Once we put the squad together, top 2. Or at least a strong challenge for it.

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Where did I say you are not a proper supporter? The definition of supporter, is included within the name, all I see is constant negativity and bilge for about the last 4 or 5 years, I expect nothing less from you.

The use of quotation marks around the word ‘support’ implies it. That’s because there’s been very little to shout about as a Derby fan for the last 4 or 5 years. When we’re doing well I say it, when we’re not I say we’re not, it’s not exactly rocket science.

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

I’m nothing but negative about Warne. Don’t think he’ll take us to success. I’d love to be wrong but can’t see it - on here and Twitter. 

I sing my heart out every home match and give the team my full support. 

This is the place to vent frustrations at the tripe we’re serving up so it’s crap to see people being berated for being negative when that performance deserves it. Yet again. 

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

You'd have been the same person coming on here criticising Warne if likewise he'd have gone gung ho in the second half then not won the game. 

Your post did make me laugh though I'll give you that - for all the wrong reasons 

I’m glad you enjoyed that today absolute shambles 

8 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Where did I say that?

And yes we've been through it before but some posters would say that of the past 10(?!) seasons we almost got to the Prem at least three times - so fairly successful! The problems were down to the owner overspending not the change of managers.

Im not saying u did… intrigued to know what u think we do if we dont go up ? 

yes the owner overspent, however the changing of managers WAS part of the problem imo 

different ideas, different players, different styles, philosophies the lot