Derby v Cheltenham 24/09 potential postponement

Caerphilly Ram

39 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Well not everyone will get picked mate and we still have players that can still do a job so no need too.

Several, including myself, have pointed out in other threads that you only need 3 international call-ups to request a postponement,  it happens every year in league 1, they just don't automatically leave the weekend blank for domestic football like the Prem and Championship. 

Try reading the replies to your own posts every now and again rather than repeating the same unsupported comments.

1 minute ago, Wistaston Ram said:

From a purely selfish point of view, I hope this game gets postponed as it is the only home game I cannot make this season due to other commitments.

Same here... ? 

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

I doubt it mate

Just sharing the info, you are of course entitled to doubt it. As the club says there is the potential to postpone the game, it suggests to me they are considering it, we’ll have to wait and see I suppose.
It’s good that the players are receiving that recognition for international honours, also good to see it’s not the same level of snobbery about league one football for all national teams  ? 

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Yep, I think so. Potentially Knight, Cashin, Oduroh, Roberts with Sibley a possibility,  given his good form. 

Anyone else?

59 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Are Hourihane, Collins and McGoldrick still available for the Irish squad? Or have they retired from internationals?

Hourihane and Knight were both in the last Ireland squad.
McGoldrick retired in 2020.
Given the head coach's record, I wouldn't bet against Cashin being included, even if it's just for experience. If not in the senior squad, he'll definitely be in the U21s.

DRobinson will be with N. Ireland youth.

Osula could earn a Danish youth callup.

Cybulski possibly with Poland youth.

Oduroh and for Ghana?

Dobbin likely to get an England U19/20 callup.
Roberts was last included in an England youth squad 2 years ago (U19s) and didn't play. Lots of competition for full back positions now, so unlikely to get called up this time.
Sibley will now be competing with the likes of Curtis Jones, Gibbs-White, Garner-Ramsey, Doyle, etc for an U21 spot. I's be very surprised if he is included.

At least 4 will be called up.

1 hour ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Are Hourihane, Collins and McGoldrick still available for the Irish squad? Or have they retired from internationals?

No idea. They are bit past it, I would have thought? 

Anyway, none of them currently worth a call up. McGoldrick if you only want 45 minutes out of him.

1 hour ago, Wistaston Ram said:

From a purely selfish point of view, I hope this game gets postponed as it is the only home game I cannot make this season due to other commitments.

I hope not, i've put holidays from work it for it!