Morecambe v Derby (A) Matchday thread

Bwash_Ram

Just now, Tamworthram said:

Another night we could be 2 or 3 down though. Created some decent chances but not good enough with the final ball.

I don't agree with you really. Not sure their chances have been massively clear cut. They had a one on one missed, but their goal was probably one he would miss 9/10 times. We've been the better side. 

5 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Hey up, the chuckle brothers have arrived.... ?

Too naive pal. It’s all reverse psychology (2-1 Rams). 

We're a bit unlucky to be a goal down but it is right for us to be doing a bit of introspection at half time. Take a look in the mirror because we could be doing more

We've transitioned from defence to attack well, made some chances, got the ball in some good areas, should have buried the first pen, should have had a second pen etc... Sometimes the luck isn't with you, but sometimes you do in fact make your own luck and I don't think 1-0 screams like an Act of God to me.

We could be winning and we're not

Bit odd this...... We're not playing that badly but, boy oh boy, Morecambe really are poor and there for the taking.

Yes, it was a poor referring decision not to give the second penalty. BUT it should not matter.... We should be able to blow these lightweights out of the water. 

Not gonna happen though, is it?  

4 minutes ago, Yani P said:

Just seen the 2nd pen again...just a totally shocking decision..it was a 100% penalty..the ref just bottled it. .another ref where at the start they say he has never referreed Derby but has Morecombe loads of times. We had one of those earlier in the season and he was totally useless as well.

Morecambe's VAR would be a Kodak Brownie so the ref's decision is always right.....especially when he's wrong!

8 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Played alright so far, should have been 1-0 up and should have had another chance from the spot. Sucker-punch right there. 

McGoldrick has been invisible, probably could do with another body running around in midfield or supporting Collins because they seem to have a lot more space than us on the ball. Bird has been more combative than I've seen previously which is pleasing but him and his mate were too slow for the goal there. 

What has bird achually done ut makes me sick hes done nothing apart from give the ball away 4 or 5 times with awful passes a weak shot start of the first half get your head out of his arse hes costing us every week 

6 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I really am not sure what some of you lot have been watching. We've been pretty decent, created a fair few chances a missed a penalty, should have been given another one. Another night, we're 2 or 3 nil up. Certainly not ideal to be behind, but also not the end of the world. 

Playing one of the weakest sides in the league, our defence looks shaky, our control in midfield has been intermittent oh err another pen 

1 minute ago, Rich84 said:

Well that was a bit meh!

No intensity, no control, just don't look like scoring, even the pen didn't really trouble Ripley's, believe it or not!.

I've tried to fix that for you, but I think you'll find that's actually in Blackpool, not Morecambe! ?