PP Sound System

Wolfie20

Not sure if it's having moved to the East Stand Upper but I'm struggling to make out more or less anything of what is being said with virtually every announcement made on the Clubs' tannoy system. I'm not bothered about not knowing how many additional minutes are to be played, the attendance figure or impending substitutes- my concern is understanding instructions should there be an emergency evacuation of the ground,

I can clearly hear and understand the guy who goes on the pitch before each half waving his arms around (I think I know his spiel almost word for word) so is the quality of the tannoy just a problem for me?

It’s been crap in the East stand for quite a while - occasionally way too loud to have a conversation but mainly just garbled - sometimes it’s even hard to make out what song is being played….So I guess it’s not just you - unless we’re both sad old duffers with knackered hearing

1 hour ago, Gaspode said:

It’s been crap in the East stand for quite a while - occasionally way too loud to have a conversation but mainly just garbled - sometimes it’s even hard to make out what song is being played….So I guess it’s not just you - unless we’re both sad old duffers with knackered hearing

Not just occasionally. I’m getting on a bit, but you can’t hold a conversation without having to bellow.  I’m not sure I entirely understand why, if there is a need to play music non-stop before the game, it has to be deafening; we aren’t at a nightclub.  Personally not convinced it does anything for the atmosphere either.  If there was any attempt at pre-match chanting it would be drowned out (not least by ‘the poem’ god help us all).  

I must be in a bad mood. Can’t think why.

Getting Old Baby Boomers GIF by MOODMAN

Edited by LazloW

2 minutes ago, Vienna said:

Whilst on the subject does anyone else think that Steve Bloomer's Watchin is slightly cringe inducing, especially as we seem unable to sing the words in time with the tune

I'm sure they play the tune at a different tempo each game just for laughs!

9 hours ago, Abu Derby said:

They seem to have been playing the same music for about the last 6 seasons too. Surely someone can buy a new tape?

One of the songs they play was apparently Keogh's pick. Grates every time I hear it.

Can't make out the words but I think it's something about all hands on the wheel, and then that irritating ohohohoh! ? 

21 hours ago, angieram said:

One of the songs they play was apparently Keogh's pick. Grates every time I hear it.

Can't make out the words but I think it's something about all hands on the wheel, and then that irritating ohohohoh! ? 

I think the song your referring to is Gravity by Ella Eyre. I actually quite like it but you've tainted it for me now I know it was Keoghs pick. 

Edited by Steve How Hard?

I think the prematch music is crap, boomed out far too loud (it's not the Download Festival ffs) and the announcer incoherent. Apart from that, I love it! 

Regarding SBW, is it not possible to record a version that has an even tempo? 

It's all tolerable, because I rarely get to the stadium early, but it could be a lot better. 

7 minutes ago, Crewton said:

I think the prematch music is crap, boomed out far too loud (it's not the Download Festival ffs) and the announcer incoherent. Apart from that, I love it! 

Regarding SBW, is it not possible to record a version that has an even tempo? 

It's all tolerable, because I rarely get to the stadium early, but it could be a lot better. 

I like the music itself but at the last two games it has sounded very muffled.

Time to replace those Amstrad  speakers?