Never Leave Early.

Day

9 minutes ago, Rev said:

Belper was the first place in the entire world to have electric street lights.

Gaslighting is still a career in Grimsby, not a social no-no.

Come on Rev, you've got to work harder than that to wind @David up.

https://www.english-heritage.org.uk/visit/inspire-me/blog/blog-posts/history-of-lighting/

The first electric lights were developed in the late 1870s by different people across the world. In Britain, Joseph Swan led the charge. He installed his lights at Cragside House in Northumberland in 1878. A year later Mosley Street in Newcastle was the first in the world to have electric streetlights.

32 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

I was never big or hard enough tbh. I was in that group that was unsure what to do when we were being attacked and a big Derby lad stood in the middle of the road telling us not to run, hmmm, was the Derby lad more scary than the local neanderthals running at us?.....big decisions to be made in the 70';s and 80's. ?

I'm a bloody midget at 5'7", but when that bloke telling you not to run is DC, you listen. 

Only 2 convictions myself,  Chelsea at the BBG and the dirties at their place. 

29 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

https://www.english-heritage.org.uk/visit/inspire-me/blog/blog-posts/history-of-lighting/

The first electric lights were developed in the late 1870s by different people across the world. In Britain, Joseph Swan led the charge. He installed his lights at Cragside House in Northumberland in 1878. A year later Mosley Street in Newcastle was the first in the world to have electric streetlights.

Within a month all the bulbs had been nicked..... 

......nobody knows why.... ?

6 minutes ago, ossieram said:

I'm a bloody midget at 5'7", but when that bloke telling you not to run is DC, you listen. 

Only 2 convictions myself,  Chelsea at the BBG and the dirties at their place. 

Went through years of hassle in and around the BBG and down to the station but the only conviction was Swansea away in 82.

Chelsea at the BBG, the most violent fight I had ever been involved in, running battles from outside the Popside all the way down Ossie Road to town. Mental. At one point, a large group of us were head to head with some Chelsea lads who weren't backing down until a group of Derby appeared with brush stales nicked from some shop. 

If it happened nowadays it would be front page news.

53 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Why would you ruin it, he'd have never known?

33 minutes ago, angieram said:

Yes, a whole shed-load when their 3rd goal went in. Made me laugh, so much for fighting till the end! 

I get sometimes people need to leave early but what is so annoying is that they dont ever go quickly they move in slow motion along the row blocking others' view for as long as possible

1 minute ago, CBRammette said:

I get sometimes people need to leave early but what is so annoying is that they dont ever go quickly they move in slow motion along the row blocking others' view for as long as possible

Yes, we get some of those! But yesterday when their third goal went in, it was more of a flounce from many.

Angry Kick GIF by Superstore

1 hour ago, David said:

@Boycie text me to say he had left when we went 2-0 up, reckoned it was job done and looked like it might rain so went for a KFC.

Watch him deny it.

Well, I had to go early as the KFC would make my bottom explode within half an hour, so had to factor that in.

plus I had a bbq the next day so needed to get there early.

3 hours ago, CBRammette said:

And then they stop in the aisle, or by the stairs, if Derby go on the attack. ?

if you’ve decided to go………JUST GO !!!