Mendez-Laing - 5.5

Barkhuizen - 5

Collins - 5

Subs from:

Sibley - 6

Dobbin - 5.5

Forsyth - 6

McGoldrick - 5

Nothing wrong with any of the three midfield players but they don’t work as a group. Not brave enough on the ball.

13 hours ago, Srg said:

Spelling ?

?

To be honest I'd only give Spelling 4.5.

He doesn't demand the ball enough, is easily robbed of possession and I haven't seen him kiss his badge once.

Desperately needed a full pre-season.

However, the real star for me (and I'm not sucking up because I know he's your favourite) was Pedantry.

A solid 8.5.

He isn't afraid to go after hopeless causes and even though he's not a fan favourite he just gets on with his job..

1 minute ago, Dethorn said:

Not seen game but encouraged by only two 8's in approx 225 ratings and 75% possession

Imagine if they had played well !!

Were they that bad ??

Dominant for the most-part but...midfield doesn't advance enough when attacking and no coordination of play in the final third. We need midfield working the ball into the box but we are starting to be so predictable and "stereotyped" when attacking. 

7 minutes ago, Dethorn said:

Not seen game but encouraged by only two 8's in approx 225 ratings and 75% possession

Imagine if they had played well !!

Were they that bad ??

Some people call Man City boring, cos they knock it around and knock it around and knock it around... They do tend to score 3, 4, 5 regularly though!  We're very predictable with no real goal threat. 

I think I recall someone saying on this forum that you typically need round 80 goals to get out of the division.  We're solid in defence and midfield but we need to create more with the possession we have and find the goals from somewhere - if we do everyones ratings go up by at least 1!

Wildsmith     6.5

Knight           6.5

Stearman      6.5

Cashin           6.5

Roberts          6.5

Smith              5

Bird                 6

Hourihane       5

Nml                  6

Barkhuizen      6

Collins              5

Sibley                7

Dobbin              7 

Fozzy               6

McGoldrick       6.5

was at the game , so heres my view

Wildsmith-6

Knight-6

Stearman-8

Cashin-7

Roberts-6

Bird-5

Hourihane-5.5

Smith-5.5

NML-6

Barkhuizen-5.5

Collins-5

Mcgoldrick-5.5

Sibley-7

Dobbin-7

Fozzy-5,5

Thanks for our ratings & comments on the Shrewsbury game. The infographic is below.

Summary

Stearman and Cashin were joint MotM statistically with average ratings of 6.85; given our offensive bluntness it's perhaps not surprising that defenders claimed the limelight as they kept a clean sheet.

Average player ratings were 6.04 - suggesting overall the team were bang average as a whole. 7 players attracted above average ratings and 8 players below - the red dotted line shows the dividing line.

Collins (5.06) and Smith (5.37) were the lowest rated players on the night; Smith is beginning to be the lowest rated player of all games played so far (average 5.73). He needs to get fit and up his output. 

Overall, midfield / wide players had an off-night making up the majority of the below-average ratings - tired legs or the system?  Defenders and subs were the players scoring above average. If fitness is the issue, we should start to see some improvements soon. Or maybe "Rosey" needs to come up with an alternative 1st XI?   

The average aggregate rating was 90.5 compared with 88.2 Barnsley, 83.6 Mansfield, 82.8 Charlton and 80.98 v Oxford, so statistically the "best" average aggregate rating which seems to fly in the face of average player ratings. I'll investigate some of the relative variances in these scores once I have a bigger dataset; although that said, we already have over 100 rows of data. The Tony Hatch award this week goes to Srg & The King of Buxton who gave aggregate ratings of 81 - 10 points lower than the average of all other raters. 

Your comments and suggestions always welcome. I'm going to do a "year to date" infographic soon.  

Ratings for Fleetwood today will posted later today. 

shrewsbury ratings.jpg

Edited by Ellafella