Sponsors

Poynton ram

2 hours ago, Magicman said:

Rolls Royce must be the most popular and high value  !! 

Rolls Royce have been through a period where they were losing multiple millions every single day. 

Although a sponsorship to Derby would be a figment of a fraction of their spreadsheet - I doubt they’re looking to do anything like that at the moment.

Best option would be a profitable consumer business, Toyota perhaps could look to expand on their investment - otherwise see who has the highest figure at the table. 

Anyone who can make a profit out of the investment should be interested. I guess it’s up to the club to be commercially active as well, fish out deals that make sense to all parties. 

Clowes may have a construction partner they like working with, or perhaps one who is keen to work with them, who would be willing to put some money down in order to get preferential treatment on projects. 

10 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

Would they have the money to do so? if so I would 100% get behind this. Or Toyota if they wanted to.

They turnover roughly £200m per annum, however only make £5-6m profit (according to accounts). 

Although, apparently they have nearly half a billion tied up in freehold land around Derby - perhaps that come help if Clowes offer services at a discounted rate if the university get involved with the club. I guess it makes sense and could be worthwhile for all parties. 

We are limited to something like an £8M annual spend both this and next season. We can't spend more than that. However, getting sponsorship money in is a very good idea. Bank the cash and build up a transfer "war chest" for the summer of 2024. We'd be foolish to turn down the chance of building up some cash reserves.

With regard to the lack of a sponsor thus far, it's got me thinking. Whoever the shirt sponsor is, there will be some people who won't buy a shirt because of the sponsor. People who are anti-betting. Wetherspoon's will upset some folk. P&O too. IMO giving fans the option of buying a sponsorless shirt would see sales improve. Whether that option would see the amount received in shirt sponsorship drop is something to take into account.

14 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

We are limited to something like an £8M annual spend both this and next season. We can't spend more than that. However, getting sponsorship money in is a very good idea. Bank the cash and build up a transfer "war chest" for the summer of 2024. We'd be foolish to turn down the chance of building up some cash reserves.

With regard to the lack of a sponsor thus far, it's got me thinking. Whoever the shirt sponsor is, there will be some people who won't buy a shirt because of the sponsor. People who are anti-betting. Wetherspoon's will upset some folk. P&O too. IMO giving fans the option of buying a sponsorless shirt would see sales improve. Whether that option would see the amount received in shirt sponsorship drop is something to take into account.

H, Some of us just aren't keen on brazen advertising logo's full stop, regardless of the sponsor ID.
We have had the option for sponsor-less shirts for the last couple of years.  Not on display out on the racks, but you could request them.
I was tempted, but just wasn't overly keen of the overall design(s).

If we get the same option again this time around, bagsy the sponsor-less black/green one for me... if we ever get any in the shops! 

? 

9 hours ago, Ram1988 said:

Would they have the money to do so? if so I would 100% get behind this. Or Toyota if they wanted to.

Derby University are minted, I worked as a caretaker there...Flamstead Court, Student residence, Circa 30 apartments in 5 blocks, The top apartments were let to very wealthy students(parents paying)multiply by 100s more throughout Derby and this alone gives a very healthy bank balance, Then there's the student fees on top, Constantly building in the Derby area.

This would be a great Sponsor imo ?