Price of replacing Windows & Doors

Carnero

Hi guys

Hoping one or more of you has a fairly recent experience of replacing uPVC windows and doors for their house?

I'm just wondering what sort of total price we should be looking at to replace 8 sets of uPVC windows and 2 doors in a detached 3 bedroom house?

The Mrs has got a quote from a loose "recommendation" for the lot at £14.5k which seems pretty damn excessive to me, I was expecting more like £8-10k tops ?

What do you lot think?

Does anyone else have any recommendations?

Thank you for any help.

4 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Hi guys

Hoping one or more of you has a fairly recent experience of replacing uPVC windows and doors for their house?

I'm just wondering what sort of total price we should be looking at to replace 8 sets of uPVC windows and 2 doors in a detached 3 bedroom house?

The Mrs has got a quote from a loose "recommendation" for the lot at £14.5k which seems pretty damn excessive to me, I was expecting more like £8-10k tops ?

What do you lot think?

Thank you for any help.

LIberty PVCU South Normanton

2 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Hi guys

What do you lot think?

Thank you for any help.

Depends on size. leading. flashing, bay windows, if the doors coloured can be more.   When I had mine done12 years ago similar to yours it cost about 9, so with inflation and all of this type of work seems to have increased about 20% in my experience since covid, probably about right.  The guarantee of 10 years for fully fitted is essential as I guarantee with that amount o replacement a couple will blow. 

Also if you find someone cheaper, make sure they can give you a FENSA certificate as your insurance will be a bugger and the council will charge you to sign of each window anyway re fire regs etc.  Your solicitor will also want the certificates as well if you ever move.  Additionally, ensure any guarantee is on the windows not just on your name as if you move, this really helps sell the house . 

Had some issues with windows as you may have guessed. 

If you have some areas where you think just glass replacement may be ok, Burton Glass will measure up and do like for replacement allowing you to keep the frame.  Think there the only ones I've found who will do this with a 5 year guarantee. 

My next door neighbour installed ours. 

We've had 2 composite doors, a set of patio doors, 3 large windows for around £5k, all quite recent. 

The windows and doors were manufactured by Classic Doors and Windows, who have a Derby branch.

7 hours ago, Carnero said:

Hi guys

What do you lot think?

Thank you for any help.

They’ve removed you pants and are about to progress.

Are they for the flush type windows or the normal uPVC type?  I do have an account at a local window manufacturer if that’s any help.

7 hours ago, Boycie said:

They’ve removed you pants and are about to progress.

Are they for the flush type windows or the normal uPVC type?  I do have an account at a local window manufacturer if that’s any help.

Thank you Boycie I will keep that in mind.

On 31/07/2022 at 15:56, FindernRam said:

Are you sure you need to replace the frames. I just did all glass with high insulation glass and nitrogen filled for £3.5k . 4 bed house and conservatory including the cons doors. My guy booked up for months ahead but get loads of quotes.

Could do with replacing, as they're  pretty old wooden frames.