Match Thread: Rams vs Leicester (Pride Park, today 1pm)

Carl Sagan

8 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Not meant as a dig or a “told you so” sort of comment but 80 minutes in do you still have the same opinion?

Well I’d say it was but we are showing the fact we’ve only assembled 2 weeks ago. I know these are class but loads for us to improve on to make top half. Cashin getting 5 minutes is a joke. If we play this team someone from the 3 in midfield needs to get closer too Collins. Do not like the centre back pairing of Chester and Davies mainly for getting caught in behind. Good thing is it’s only pre season and this team will take at least 10 games for fully gel. 

7 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

It’s not a “b” team, it’s a blend of their squad. Teilemans, Iheanacho, Castagne, Ndidi, Daka, Soyuncu all playing. They’ve split their squad in two, one lot playing us and the other playing Preston(?)

Only two of this team are first choice players for Leicester. Ndidi, who's been injured and is playing his first match back, and Tielemans who they're desperate to sell as he's out of contract next summer and won't sign a new one.

They're open to offers for Castagne, Praet, Soyuncu and several others in this team. Their squad is too big and they need to sell players. 

Great goal by Barkhuizen but then we get sucker punched . Thought there second was off side but no protests by our defenders who were statues. Third an error and then Cashin turned too easily . Overall, a few areas needing to improve. I like Knight at RB and hope he starts next. 

Just now, Magicman said:

Great goal by Barkhuizen but then we get sucker punched . Thought there second was off side but no protests by our defenders who were statues. Third an error and then Cashin turned too easily . Overall, a few areas needing to improve. I like Knight at RB and hope he starts next. 

Please no, keep Knight away from RB, it's not his position and he's not that good at it.

We lose an important player with him at RB, needs to be midfield or out wide

plenty of nice moments - Barkhuizen and Mendez-Laing very positive and working hard - Roberts is excellent though the trialist left back also worth a contract. Not convinced by Davies and Chester together yet - Cashin still an option. Knight can start at right back next week for me, though harsh to judge the youngster on one mistake. McGoldrick can fill the gap between midfield and attack. 

Wonder where Byrne actually is ? 

Is Bielik actually training at Derby ? 

I thought Bird was our MOM - Barkhauzen scored a lovely goal -Leicester  second goal looked offside and the third was a schoolboy pass from the schoolboy at right back, we could have had 3 goals ourselves - Collins seemed miles away from the other players positionally 

5 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Leicester fans giving it the biggen in a pre season friendly 

“The first thing you can do for me is chuck all your medals and all your caps and all your pots and all your pans into the biggest f****** dustbin you can find. Because you’ve never won any of them fairly. You’ve done it all by cheating.”

Never forget. 

4 minutes ago, Cumbrian said:

Only two of this team are first choice players for Leicester. Ndidi, who's been injured and is playing his first match back, and Tielemans who they're desperate to sell as he's out of contract next summer and won't sign a new one.

They're open to offers for Castagne, Praet, Soyuncu and several others in this team. Their squad is too big and they need to sell players. 

Their squad looks huge ! 

1 minute ago, California Ram. said:

plenty of nice moments - Barkhuizen and Mendez-Laing very positive and working hard - Roberts is excellent though the trialist left back also worth a contract. Not convinced by Davies and Chester together yet - Cashin still an option. Knight can start at right back next week for me, though harsh to judge the youngster on one mistake. McGoldrick can fill the gap between midfield and attack. 

Wonder where Byrne actually is ? 

Is Bielik actually training at Derby ? 

Yes Bielik is training at Derby. He is recovering from an injury though. Byrne, no clue.