Match Thread: Rams vs Leicester (Pride Park, today 1pm)

Carl Sagan

FFS, same as usual. Playing a Premier League side in a pre-season friendly and some still try to read things into about where we're going to end up in the league.  Is it beyond the realms of fantasy that we might be able to play a bit differently against League 1 opposition than a team very obviously better than us? We might even be able to fill the obvious gaps in the squad before the window closes, thus enabling us to play differently again.  This games means nothing apart from fitness, sharpness, trying things out and, for fans, hopefully a bit of relaxing fun watching a game of football.  It will have zero, nada, nothing, zilch, to do with where we finish in the league.

4 minutes ago, LazloW said:

FFS, same as usual. Playing a Premier League side in a pre-season friendly and some still try to read things into about where we're going to end up in the league.  Is it beyond the realms of fantasy that we might be able to play a bit differently against League 1 opposition than a team very obviously better than us? We might even be able to fill the obvious gaps in the squad before the window closes, thus enabling us to play differently again.  This games means nothing apart from fitness, sharpness, trying things out and, for fans, hopefully a bit of relaxing fun watching a game of football.  It will have zero, nada, nothing, zilch, to do with where we finish in the league.

I’m really not sure why you let it get to you. Just ignore any such comments if you want.

15 minutes ago, LazloW said:

Just watch the game then?

Maybe let the people who want to talk about it do that?

Just now, Rich3478 said:

Just watch the game then?

Maybe let the people who want to talk about it do that?

How is my comment suggesting people can't talk about the game?  How is my comment stopping people talk about the game?

My comment is, those people talking about the game - and reading things into that aren't there - are talking nonsense. But, by all means, carry on, and I'll carry on calling it out as nonsense.

1 minute ago, Blondest Goat said:

Not to worry it just means that Leicester are ahead of us in their preparations.

And maybe ahead of us in terms of the players at their disposal.

As others have said before, it doesn’t really matter (other than for confidence which is of course important) is we get well beaten today. Apart from potentially in the cup, we’re not going to face many(if any) teams like Leicester this season and they’re not going to face many like Derby. 

The main reason I want a decent outcome is purely because my twin sister is a Leicester City season ticket holder.