Match Thread: Rams vs Leicester (Pride Park, today 1pm)

Carl Sagan

1 hour ago, Ramos said:

I think in the fa cup game when we played you 4 or 5 years ago, leicester fans did sing “champions of England you’ll never sing that” in the style of ‘champions of Europe you’ll never sing that’ that other teams sing over 40 years later as if they’ve won the champions league and not played 5 games against no one to win it…. 

We sang back we have won it twice so it’s probably why on Saturday some fans thought that’s what was sang. Admittedly it does sound like it so can see why we responded with it. 

Good luck this season. 

I can categorically state that has never been sung to a team that has won it. 

Good luck yourselves!

Just now, babylon said:

Good luck yourselves!

Everton fans were very vocal & adamant your lot had sung it on your first visit to Goodison post-title. I well remember the ridicule that rained down on Leicester in the aftermath.

Some of your younger fans may not realise our history so it may be a case of your away crowd singing 2 different versions, hence what most of us thought we heard.

1 hour ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Everton fans were very vocal & adamant your lot had sung it on your first visit to Goodison post-title. I well remember the ridicule that rained down on Leicester in the aftermath.

Some of your younger fans may not realise our history so it may be a case of your away crowd singing 2 different versions, hence what most of us thought we heard.

Yes they were, and they were wrong as well. Just as every other cloth eared fan that’s claimed we sang it, when we actually sang the same song we’ve sung since we won the title. 

We’ve had Man City fans claiming we sang it despite them winning it every year. 

It sounds like it, I’m not going to deny it because the song follows the same tune. But it is not that. 

Edited by babylon

2 hours ago, babylon said:

Good luck yourselves!

In that game it was 100 per cent sang at us (I mean we won the league so long ago I’d be surprised if most ‘younger’ Leicester fans would even know.) I remember the utter look of confusion on most our fans faces.  

2 hours ago, babylon said:

Just as every other cloth eared fan that’s claimed we sang it, when we actually sang the same song we’ve sung since we won the title. 

No opposition fans seem to be able to corroborate your claim that you aren't singing that, so maybe it's your fans who need to sing it more clearly? Or change the words to something more clearly audible. 

Have Sir Dave Richards and Son got their own song too?